oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

...you just listed a bunch of clubs that could sustain the spending and were essentially spending without risk. 

If you let anyone spend what they want you'll have far more Bury's and Bolton's than you will Man City's

...and we’d have never got to have watched Juninho, Emerson, Ravanelli, Boksic etc. 

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

...and we’d have never got to have watched Juninho, Emerson, Ravanelli, Boksic etc. 

Again, we could afford that at the time though? Your free for all might let middle tier premier league clubs sign some exciting names, but you're also going to have many more league 2 and league 1 clubs going bust trying to climb the leagues.

31 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

My argument is that it’s never going to be fair if anything, just a way of allowing the bigger clubs to spend more money. If there was a draft system or a spending cap then that would be fair, but there isn’t.

Fining clubs  and docking points is counter productive, it really isn’t the best way of ensuring that clubs survive, in some cases it helps to drive them out of existence. A club like Rangers can gradually recover due to its massive fan base, but look at Portsmouth, they have struggled and they were an established premier league club. 

I just don’t  think that docking points helps clubs survive, which is surely the intention of FFP.
Let’s either have a free for all or a salary cap, the FFP system is subjective and intrinsically flawed. 

Portsmouth didn’t land in their mess because of a points deduction. They landed in the mess because they spent beyond their means for too long and then had a crap owner who didn’t give a toss. The exact things that FFP is trying to avoid. I’m sure most Pompey fans would have liked to have FFP in force those years ago. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Wow Huddersfield winning 2-1 Baggies are heading for the playoffs

And the teams that drop out of the autos late on never seem to do well in the play offs. It's a bit of a sucker punch for them!

Not a great start to Boro weekend.

If Wigan win v Charlton and Luton win v Hulltomorrow and we lose then i think it goes to last game of season for us?

And them 3 scenarios are more than possible imo