Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

According to the BBC, Wigan's hearing is on the 31st, which is ridiculously late.

We really do have to get the point we need to not be involved in all the shenanigans going on. It’s beyond ridiculous at this stage and I would not trust the EFL at all. They would be happy to put the boot into us IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blanco said:

We really do have to get the point we need to not be involved in all the shenanigans going on. It’s beyond ridiculous at this stage and I would not trust the EFL at all. They would be happy to put the boot into us IMO

I dunno.  I can see some humour in us only surviving by Wigan losing 12 points and then Warnock getting the job having 'saved' us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I dunno.  I can see some humour in us only surviving by Wigan losing 12 points and then Warnock getting the job having 'saved' us.

My local team Bray Wanderers survived 4 years in a row due to points deductions. They became known as the team that could not be relegated 😂 Survived year 5 and 6 then went down and have been down for 3 years now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

My local team Bray Wanderers survived 4 years in a row due to points deductions. They became known as the team that could not be relegated 😂 Survived year 5 and 6 then went down and have been down for 3 years now 

I can't work out whether that makes you a jinx or not 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

I can't work out whether that makes you a jinx or not 🤔

Don’t worry 😉 I haven’t been able to work it out either 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at Watford, sack Pearson and then immediately on track to be relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Lol at Watford, sack Pearson and then immediately on track to be relegated.

Part of me feels that it serves them right.

They assumed that they were safe before they mathematically were.  I hope we haven't made the same mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Lol at Watford, sack Pearson and then immediately on track to be relegated.

It's not likely that Pearson would have helped them beat man city though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I dunno.  I can see some humour in us only surviving by Wigan losing 12 points and then Warnock getting the job having 'saved' us.

Then maybe on appeal we end up getting relegated, after having given him the job for saving us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

It's not likely that Pearson would have helped them beat man city though

They lose 2-0 and they'd still be above the drop.

I think his sacking will also have given Villa and Bournemouth renewed belief they could stay up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Wigans appeal will be heard on 31st July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krasner also saying Wigan have a 2 year transfer ban too.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Krasner also saying Wigan have a 2 year transfer ban too.

AND are limited to a playing squad of 20. wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder they are trying to appeal the 15pts for next seaso. They will go the way of Bolton. Really sad for the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

No wonder they are trying to appeal the 15pts for next seaso. They will go the way of Bolton. Really sad for the fans.

It's not for next season, it's 12 points this season. And the transfer ban and squad limit applies whether they win their appeal or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...