oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope Brentford go up via the playoffs as they could potentially do a Leeds next season and dominant this division if they aren't promoted. 

They’re a selling club so will probably lose a couple of the top performers. Benrahma look set for West Ham. Depends whether they find good enough replacements to do better than this year though they always seem to find good ones. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I'm glad Villa stayed up personally, they have a solid team and got unlucky with injuries.

2014-2015 season was one of my favourites, now the top 4 from that season are all in the championship again.

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Awful decision from the ref to send off Henry in the Brentford game. 

Agree. The reaction of the Swansea players swayed him massively there. Really hate Swansea 😡

So the 3 teams that went up the year we suffered play off heartache in 2015 are the 3 teams coming down next season in Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich.

I personally do not see a stand out team in championship next season, especially with the quick turnaround. Maybe Norwich

If Howe leaves Bournemouth then they got to accept there might be ups and downs given Howe been there a very long time so change might take time to have a positive effect.

Watford, well who knows. They become somewhat of a circus act in this last year and that club seems in a bit mess which might take more than 7 weeks to fix.

Norwich to they credit look stable. Yes they might lose some players but i feel they got the infrastructure in place to respond to that change. as they did the year they went up when they lost the Murphy brothers and Maddison.

In terms of the promotion next season, I dont see Brentford and Cardiff repeating what they did this season. Brentford for the obvious reason that failure to get promoted means they team could be dismantled. I dont see Neil Harris repeating what he did at Cardiff and. I think if Fulham fail to go up they got the financial muscle to give it another go and Swansea manager has impressed me. I can see them competing again next season.

From the other teams I think Forest will struggle, i dont even see they manager lasting all of next season. Hughton could have a positive impact on Bristol. There the foundations of a good team there. Then you got the usual contenders for top 6 such as Preston, Derby and possibly Millwall

Think its a widely open league next season.

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 3

I'm over the moon Watford have been relegated, the owners got exactly what they deserved, if its not instant success they don't give a manager a chance, welcome to the championship you horrible gits. I rate Eddie Howe highly and if Bournemouth keep him I think they'll be right up there in the automatic promotion race, if they don't they may struggle.

• Like 2

If Norwich take Cantwell, Pukki and Buendia into next season with some defensive reinforcements (Ayala return?) they'll be up there but Bournemouth will get vultured and Watford will need to offload most of their squad of high earners they'll need to build almost a completely new team I reckon.

If Brentford don't end up turning this around in the second leg if they lose Watkins/Benrahma/Mbuemo to Prem teams they lose something like 60/70 goal contributions they would struggle to replace that and why would those players stay if they bottle this they've proved themselves a class above this league.

• Like 2

One thing Watford have going for them is that they have an insane amount of talented youngsters, which they've signed over the years whilst in the prem.

9 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Now the loan rule has been tightened Watford won't be able to subsidies their squad from Italy etc.

I remember that. Think it was Ian Holloway that first brought it to light with something like 8/9 loan signings in a matches squad. 
Once the loophole was closed didn’t they sign 5/6 players from Udinese for €1 each or something like that? 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
29 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I remember that. Think it was Ian Holloway that first brought it to light with something like 8/9 loan signings in a matches squad. 
Once the loophole was closed didn’t they sign 5/6 players from Udinese for €1 each or something like that? 

From Udinese and I think they have interest in a Spanish club aswell.

33 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

From Udinese and I think they have interest in a Spanish club aswell.

Grenada?? Or Valencia