• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/12040150/sheffield-wednesday-given-12-point-deduction-for-breaching-efl-rules

"Further, the commission decided not to apply a 12-point deduction this season, thereby imposing relegation.

How can they just decide not to do something because it would relegate the team? What the hell is that.

Can see Charlton trying to fight this, this deduction would have saved them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yep, he said in interviews he was waiting for the right project. How he decided brum was that project I’m not sure. As you say surely there were better options... 

Money, if I was guessing.

Just now, Brunners said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/12040150/sheffield-wednesday-given-12-point-deduction-for-breaching-efl-rules

How can they just decide not to do something because it would relegate the team? What the hell is that.

That's what happened with West Ham, if you remember.  They dragged it out so long that the panel felt it would be unfair to deduct points so they just fined them.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what happened with West Ham, if you remember.  They dragged it out so long that the panel felt it would be unfair to deduct points so they just fined them.

Didn't west ham have to pay sheff utd 18 million as a result of that case? Could get very messy.

Edit: They did. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-to-make-final-payment-to-sheffield-united-over-carlos-tevez-affair-8493540.html%3famp

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Didn't west ham have to pay sheff utd 18 million as a result of that case? Could get very messy.

I think they eventually agreed to pay them about £20m or something like that in compensation, yeah.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I think they eventually agreed to pay them about £20m or something like that in compensation, yeah.

A huge figure when you consider it was before the finances in football truly exploded. 

Obviously we're dealing with a  different league and different circumstances here, but it will still be interesting to see if the relegated clubs take direct legal action against sheff wed.

16 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Yep, he said in interviews he was waiting for the right project. How he decided brum was that project I’m not sure. As you say surely there were better options... 

I'm not too sure there would have been too many better options.

His stint with us didn't end well and Forest was hit and miss. 

I think he will do well at Birmingham if they back him.

Clayts to Birmingham?

11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

A huge figure when you consider it was before the finances in football truly exploded. 

Obviously we're dealing with a  different league and different circumstances here, but it will still be interesting to see if the relegated clubs take direct legal action against sheff wed.

I'd be amazed if they don't especially if the EFL try to wash their hands of it now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Karanka confirmed at Brum. Honestly not sure how I feel about that; don't know if the setup is there for him to succeed! Wish him all the best, except for those 2 games he's against us 🙂

Think Birmingham and him have the potential to do well. They aren't lumbered with the many (if any) of the players Redknapp signed. In my own opinion they do have a decent core of players too. I really like the look of their leftback (Pedersen).

Financially there are still some question marks, but if their last set of accounts is anything to go by, they have significantly reduced the losses (upto June 2019 it was at £8 Million). Plus they have sold Bellingham for £20+ Million which will give them/Karanka significant wiggle room to reshape the squad.

On the other flip of coin it could go pear shape quickly a bit like it did at Forest for him.

15 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I'm not too sure there would have been too many better options.

His stint with us didn't end well and Forest was hit and miss. 

I think he will do well at Birmingham if they back him.

Clayts to Birmingham?

To put it another way, a championship promotion on his CV and an unfair sacking whilst at a team on the brink of the playoffs. Also has good connections.

I didnt think he’d be having any premier league teams knocking on his door but you’d think some champo clubs better than Brum would be after him - Birmingham are hardly a stable club 

Ah *** it, I don’t know, maybe you’re right hahah 

32 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

To put it another way, a championship promotion on his CV and an unfair sacking whilst at a team on the brink of the playoffs. Also has good connections.

I didnt think he’d be having any premier league teams knocking on his door but you’d think some champo clubs better than Brum would be after him - Birmingham are hardly a stable club 

Ah *** it, I don’t know, maybe you’re right hahah 

I thought he might end up at Watford maybe.  Whether that's a better opportunity or not might be open to some debate like 🙂

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Can see Charlton trying to fight this, this deduction would have saved them.

"The board considers that a deduction of 12 points is... a bit nasty and unfair, so we'll just leave it till next season, or maybe just forget about the whole thing eh?! Bygones under the bridge and all that!"

Still, it's better for Boro that it happens next season!