• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Neil Cox just appointed manager of Scunthorpe......hope he does better than the last local lad put in charge of his hometown club....

God there's a blast from the past. Our first £1m signing, no less. 

If his and Neal Ardley's performance with Wimbledon is any indication, it could be Woodgate Mk 2. 

League 1 and 2 vote in favour of a salary cap, wonder if its any indication of how the vote will go for the championship.

I would say were in fairly decent shape if it does go that way, a lot of clubs will struggle to stay under it which means they won't be able to sign players. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

League 1 and 2 vote in favour of a salary cap, wonder if its any indication of how the vote will go for the championship.

I would say were in fairly decent shape if it does go that way, a lot of clubs will struggle to stay under it which means they won't be able to sign players. 

Could be that is putting brakes on a lot of potential moves - particularly the ones for the better players. clubs won’t want to risk too much money on one players wages until/unless  they are sure there won’t be a cap and players won’t want to accept what’s on offer in hope that if there is no cap they can demand more.

16 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Tough on some of the bigger clubs down there. Wonder whether a sliding cap based on revenue may have been a more ideal solution.

Still better than nothing though! Can see the Championship following suit for sure.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Could be that is putting brakes on a lot of potential moves - particularly the ones for the better players. clubs won’t want to risk too much money on one players wages until/unless  they are sure there won’t be a cap and players won’t want to accept what’s on offer in hope that if there is no cap they can demand more.

True. But for the moment it might drive prices down for lower league players as clubs try to sort out their wage bills. 

19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Tough on some of the bigger clubs down there. Wonder whether a sliding cap based on revenue may have been a more ideal solution.

Still better than nothing though! Can see the Championship following suit for sure.

The bigger clubs would still be more attractive I imagine but it does level the playing field. If the money is going to be the same then Players would probably be more attracted to the likes of Ipswich or Sunderland than Accrington Stanley or Rochdale.

29 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I saw this a while ago, but this makes me laugh. Adama is now oiling up his arms because defenders were grabbing at him so much!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adama-traore-wolves-middlesbrough-oil-18734549

Has he only started doing this? Because I think he may literally now be unstoppable if he has - you cant really tackle him any other way apart from grabbing him! Still have dreams of him bouncing off whole teams as he tears up the pitch. I miss him so much!

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Has he only started doing this? Because I think he may literally now be unstoppable if he has - you cant really tackle him any other way apart from grabbing him! Still have dreams of him bouncing off whole teams as he tears up the pitch. I miss him so much!

I think so. I read somewhere that people were grabbing at him so much he'd suffered a few dislocations, so this was Wolves way of stopping it from happening.

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Palace's new kits for next season.

1. They're dreadful

2. Won't they clash with most other kits??20200807_163426.thumb.jpg.7a303b3739ea10d58d815e9a0fe407c6.jpg

That's horrid. Though I've never really liked a Palace kit.

Is it just me that feels like Palace have had pretty much the same team for 5 years now?

I just checked to see if it was just me but from the squad that beat us at the Riverside in 2016, 10 of them are still at the club, 7 of them in the first team. Only 3 of ours in the entire squad were still here this season, though more expected given we got relegated.