Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Has he only started doing this? Because I think he may literally now be unstoppable if he has - you cant really tackle him any other way apart from grabbing him! Still have dreams of him bouncing off whole teams as he tears up the pitch. I miss him so much!

You have some odd dreams 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Neil Cox just appointed manager of Scunthorpe......hope he does better than the last local lad put in charge of his hometown club....

What is the general consensus of Neil Cox as a player here? Thought he was solid in Division 1 but struggled with the step up in the Premiership .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

What is the general consensus of Neil Cox as a player here? Thought he was solid in Division 1 but struggled with the step up in the Premiership .

Must admit I'd completely forgotten about him.

Don't think he was the kind of player that really stuck in the memory. As you say, solid enough in the 2nd tier, but like a few of our lads at the time, struggled to cut it in the top flight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

Tough on some of the bigger clubs down there. Wonder whether a sliding cap based on revenue may have been a more ideal solution.

Still better than nothing though! Can see the Championship following suit for sure.

Sliding scale makes a lot more sense to me...say a maximum of 50-60% of a club's annual revenue.

Bigger clubs that draw larger crowds, ticket & merch sales etc. and better sponsorship, should be allowed to spend more.

Just not to the point where they risk putting the club out of business if they get relegated, or a financial crash, pandemic or other event outside their control impacts their income.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Must admit I'd completely forgotten about him.

Don't think he was the kind of player that really stuck in the memory. As you say, solid enough in the 2nd tier, but like a few of our lads at the time, struggled to cut it in the top flight.

 

 Probably not footballing wise although didnt he give Ravanelli a black eye leading up to the FA Cup final. 

I do remember him scoring against Liverpool in my first game I went to at the Riverside which we won 2-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol City doing a boro and going with Dean holden- big call that

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

Palace's new kits for next season.

1. They're dreadful

2. Won't they clash with most other kits??

"Guys, we really need to decide on the colour scheme for our away and third choice kits, Puma said we've got an hour until the deadline"

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

"Guys, we really need to decide on the colour scheme for our away and third choice kits, Puma said we've got an hour until the deadline"

 

 

Just seen them and thought exactly the same. What is the point in the 2nd and 3rd kit as it contains same colours as the home kit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actual explanation for Palace's kits is even stupider, the chairman says he saw these kits as concept kits by a Palace fan on instagram and told Puma to make it happen. Ghastly looking kits as well christ, it's a shame because Puma are one of the better kit makers in my opinion their stuff looks like it fits snug.

"I was immediately inspired when I saw the concept from a supporter who had shared designs on Instagram, with perfect synergy across all the kits for the upcoming season. Working closely with PUMA and our design team at Crystal Palace, we believed these were the designs we had to bring to life, and I’m proud to say we’ve done so.

"We haven’t produced a shared design across shirts since our memorable promotion season in 2012/13, and there is no better campaign to honour in our eighth consecutive season in the Premier League.

"I fully believe these kits are bold and eye-catching enough to captivate both current supporters and new ones – wherever they may be – and I look forward to seeing the team wear them throughout the upcoming Premier League campaign."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Cox looked OK next to Pearson and Festa...but when he was with Whyte, Whelan, Morris and Vickers, he got hung out to dry trying to cover for them and Kinder often looked like he was in a different team...the opposition...solid enough with decent support but not a stand out

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Sliding scale makes a lot more sense to me...say a maximum of 50-60% of a club's annual revenue.

Bigger clubs that draw larger crowds, ticket & merch sales etc. and better sponsorship, should be allowed to spend more.

Just not to the point where they risk putting the club out of business if they get relegated, or a financial crash, pandemic or other event outside their control impacts their income.

 

That's not far off what is currently in place in League 1 and 2. Very simplified under the SCMP (which has now been voted out) in League 1 you can spend upto 60% of your turnover on wages. League 2 is 55%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Man City really have made Real look average tonight. 

Been watching the Juve game, really entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...