• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Dean Windass on ‘Undr The Cosh’ podcast on YouTube. Confirmed he was on £33,000 a week here in 2001 and also Boksic was on £100,000 a week with house, car and all travel paid. Had a few interesting stories to tell about his time as a professional footballer.

5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He was the highest paid. 

6 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Boksic must have been one of the highest paid players in the PL at the time if we were paying him that much back then, that's mental.

Not sure he was on 100k. It was reported at 65k at the time and even that was strongly denied by Robbo later on.  He probably was the highest paid player in the league, but we paid next to nothing in transfer fee which always inflates the wages. Plus he was one of the best strikers in Europe.  Shame he wasn't particularly motivated and made of glass as imo hes the best striker we've ever had. 

15 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The pay slip that I saw at the time stated £63K after deductions...looked authentic, but I am no expert 

Going through his bins again were you 🙄

45 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I am from Park End...we don't go through bins, our butlers take care of that

Ah so he was going through your bins and dropped his wage slip 🤔

• Like 1