oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

But I’d just like to say it was remiss of me not to congratulate @SmogDane on his local team success. Fair play Sonni mate I’m delighted for you 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Big match tomorrow for Dundalk against the Faroe Islanders.... good luck to them both ..hopefully helps to keep them going at a difficult time

The BBC had a nice little article on the Faroese team today. They are based in a town that has a population of 5,000, pretty much the whole squad has come from the town and they all work full-time or part time jobs as well as playing football. I'm happy for either team to win, but part of me is wanting the Faroese to go through more than Dundalk. (I have nothing against Dundalk). 

Added bonus if the Faroese do win, they'll be the first team from the Faroe Islands to qualify for a European competition.

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The BBC had a nice little article on the Faroese team today. They are based in a town that has a population of 5,000, pretty much the whole squad has come from the town and they all work full-time or part time jobs as well as playing football. I'm happy for either team to win, but part of me is wanting the Faroese to go through more than Dundalk. (I have nothing against Dundalk). 

Added bonus if the Faroese do win, they'll be the first team from the Faroe Islands to qualify for a European competition.

Ah boss, yeah I'm going to need to book some days off work, got to go play European football.

Just now, Brunners said:

Ah boss, yeah I'm going to need to book some days off work, got to go play European football.

"Yeah I'm going to need that annual leave rescheduling, I'm off to play Arsenal next week".

Apparently they schedule team training to start at 5pm, because all the players are working though the day! 

Once in a lifetime stuff....it would be like Boro getting to a European final....impossible 

5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Once in a lifetime stuff....it would be like Boro getting to a European final....impossible 

Some of the teams they could be drawn against are crazy! As an example Arsenal's stadium could probably fit the entire population of the Faroe Islands in it, let alone the population of the town KI are based in! 

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Some of the teams they could be drawn against are crazy! As an example Arsenal's stadium could probably fit the entire population of the Faroe Islands in it, let alone the population of the town KI are based in! 

Tangentially related but I very briefly visited the Faroe Islands on a cruise one year. Very beautiful country, would recommend. 

From memory, they all had roofs covered in grass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Tangentially related but I very briefly visited the Faroe Islands on a cruise one year. Very beautiful country, would recommend. 

We are talking about the green variety, I assume? 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Always wanted to go to the Faroe Islands, but never really had the chance.

They are also pretty handy builders of tunnels I'm lead to believe too. Think all (or most) of the Islands that make up the country are all connected via tunnels that go through mountains and the sea. Weird fact I know, but it's one that's stuck in my head! 😂😂😂

Posted (edited)

Yeah, while you lot colonized Africa and stuff, we conquered Faroe Islands and Greenland! 😄 

It's ofc tongue in cheek 😉 

I hope our old Faroe Friends will qualify! (for history reasons, nothing against Dundalk and at least one of these underdogs will qualify)
  The same goes with Fc Copenhagen .. 

It could be a marvelous time for Danish football 

Edited by SmogDane

That result in a European game brings back memories  of great second half escapes 😉
image.thumb.png.867770a4c955d9ff31ddc8c217dc854f.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SmogDane said:

That result in a European game brings back memories  of great second half escapes 😉
image.thumb.png.867770a4c955d9ff31ddc8c217dc854f.png

image.thumb.png.3fb07da66df2f420855f96e7b0396a81.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

image.thumb.png.3fb07da66df2f420855f96e7b0396a81.png

I zieg What u did there 😂🙃