oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ah, that wasn't at all what I was trying to say, I hadn't even considered it would come across that way, I'm sorry, that's poor wording on my part.

I'd actually thought that just saying Ireland is a foreign country would come across as too blunt, and my alternative has inadvertently came across as worse.

I apologise.

Apology accepted 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Always nice to get the opinion of a weirdo 👍 Thanks CT

It's what gives me my expertise on the subject 🙂

I always want the Rep of Ireland to do well in fairness, along with the home nations 👍

England have been a bit dull again tonight, but two good goals from excellent deliveries. Calvert-Lewin scored on his debut.

Beating Wales 2-0, who've shown very little since falling behind, but they are missing Bale, Ramsey and Robson-Kanu.

Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland all going to extra time in their play-off semis.

Scotland have been rubbish, can't comment on the other two as I've only got so many screens.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland all going to extra time in their play-off semis.

Good observation @TeaCider24 and thanks for the mention 😃😃😃. Seriously relying on Randolph to get us through to the final

19 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

We’ve been awful tonight and we are 3-0 up. Wow Wales are bad

Without their top players they just lack that bit of quality really.  It's a kinda Premier League/Championship mix.

This extra time will play murder with the pub curfew in Scotland.

Must shut by 10pm, 15 minutes away and there's a minimum of 30 minutes of football in a vital fixture left.

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

This extra time will play murder with the pub curfew in Scotland.

Must shut by 10pm, 15 minutes away and there's a minimum of 30 minutes of football in a vital fixture left.

I'm sure everyone will be going straight to their own house in a socially distanced manner... 

Been a pretty grim game this. Hoping Scotland can knick it though (and northern ireland)

The first penalty shootout in Northern Ireland's history.

Looks like the other two are going to penalties too.

Nerve wracking way to decide a tie.

Jordan Jones, a sub, has been subbed off for the decisive moment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Tav's injury has probably heightened the need for some creative flair needing to be added to the squad. Am I the only one that is wondering if it's the boots that Tav is wearing that is causing him to slip? The Ground staff didn't have a normal summer to reseed or relay the pitch or whatever they normally do but lets face it the Riverside pitch is still light years ahead of many if not most at this level. I didn't see Spurs or Man City players slipping any more than their lesser opponents in the cup. Come to think of it I didn't notice Blackburn players slipping much either. He seems to be wearing these laceless Mutator Predator boots (happy to be corrected) if my eyesight is not deceiving me. Are they also the same boots that Marcus Browne was wearing? If so that is two players down due to footwear as much as the state of the pitch. About time NW issued them with good old fashioned brown boots as I used to call them with real "men's" studs! Meanwhile we are now scouring for loans and additional wages that the Club can ill afford.
    • The new work permit rules will make it harder to sign European players but it will now be easier to sign players from outside the EU.
    • That's really sad. I think for the forseeable future we can't really buy top-level proven championship players. So we have to rely on international and young unproven players. I was a little bit worried last season when our new signing like Bola, Dijkstell and Browne did not deliever. I'm much more positive about the future this season, I think we have a solid squad now. If we do some smart transfers next season can be great.
    • Coulson has been well and truly frozen out since he gave that penalty away and I have a feeling Spence will be getting the stick after not tracking his man for the Blackburn goal. 
    • Yep. He locked on to targets or made decisions and then stuck with them a few times. The earlier drive where he threw it 3 straight times to Adams. Never even looked at another route and on the third down (where Adams comes down OOB) Lazard is wide open on a shallow cross with no one even in the vicinity to walk it in. Also the free play he had on the offsides where he threw it up to Daphney, I know he was getting pressured but over the other side of the field is Adams in an ocean of space with a free run to the end zone and Rodgers doesn't see it. Bit salty but if Allen missed a wide open TD opportunity like that he'd get slated for weeks.  Not accustomed to seeing Rodgers miss stuff like that.