Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m still baffled why Gibson thought it was sensible to spend so much money on Assombalonga, Braithwaite & Fletcher when we already had Bamford & Gestede (less said about him the better)  here after relegation. Instead of building a creative team around Bamford, Gibson wasted £30 million+ in transfer fees plus god knows what on wages - £4.5 million a season for 4 years? - on them inferior players which created the financial pressure to sell Bamford for a knock down price just a season later. That debacle sums up Gibson’s terrible, naive decision-making. It makes me want to bang my head against a wall in frustration.

Please delete this post.  If someone from the club reads it they might find it disrespectful 🤭

Edited by Changing Times
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, boroie said:

F***ING PULIS

Bamford, Traore (and Harrison) were beyond what we could attract at this club, and he *** them up against the wall. 

C**T

Argh it makes me so mad thinking about what we lost and what we could have had.

Delighted Adama and Paddy are doing so well though. 

Imagine if we’d kept Stuani too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think of the team he could have put out when he first came if he could just get the most out of the players he had.

Randolph

Fabio ayala gibson friend

Howson Clayton besic

Adama Bamford Braithwaite

With Harrison, britt, leadbitter, fry, Fletcher, shotton, downing all on the bench. Could have still had Christie too if he fancied him. And you'll still find people who will say he did a good job here. That squad is better than anything in this league atm, potentially any squad I've seen in the league since. Its criminal he didn't make a better attempt at being promoted the money he was on and resources he had. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bamford's 2nd and 3rd were sublime. Still can't believe we got shot of him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

It annoys me we got Harrison on loan for 2 year deal in the January. But Pulis benched him hardly got any game time. As Pulis rather have Fletcher or Bamford on wing as play the actual winger.  So he decided to change his mind and go to Leeds instead where he has gotten to play every week and grown into a fab player. 

I know and we hear similar things from members about Johnson!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boroie said:

F***ING PULIS

Bamford, Traore (and Harrison) were beyond what we could attract at this club, and he *** them up against the wall. 

C**T

Argh it makes me so mad thinking about what we lost and what we could have had.

Delighted Adama and Paddy are doing so well though. 

To be fair, pulis was the making of traore. Monk and Aitor weren't able to manage him. 

 

The rest of the team he f***** up though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think only Karanka out of all of our managers really rated Bamford. And even he wouldn’t play him in the Premier League. 
Monk bought players to play instead of Bamford. Pulis clearly didn’t want him. I can’t believe he didn’t bring him straight back in after his couple of games out due to concussion. 
He’s thriving under a manager who rates him and in a team where he’s the no.1 up front. If Pulis had kept him he’d have been on the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From today’s DM

PFA WIND-UP THREAT TO CHAMPIONSHIP GIANT  

The PFA have threatened a leading Championship club with a winding-up order in a dispute over their failure to pay severance money to out-of-contract players. 

The club in question chose not to pay the final month’s salary due last July on a point of principle, as both players refused to appear for the first team during Project Restart despite having earned over £10million in wages at the club. 

The PFA have taken up their fight to get their missing wages, but despite the threat of a winding-up petition the matter is set to be decided by an employment tribunal.
 

did wonder at first if it was Boro, - Ayala and Gestede, but I don’t think Gestede actually refused to play during June, did he? He only said he wouldn’t play after end of contract. ( And Ayala said he was injured)
Only club I remember where players actually refused to play during June was Charlton, but it can’t be them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

From today’s DM

PFA WIND-UP THREAT TO CHAMPIONSHIP GIANT  

The PFA have threatened a leading Championship club with a winding-up order in a dispute over their failure to pay severance money to out-of-contract players. 

The club in question chose not to pay the final month’s salary due last July on a point of principle, as both players refused to appear for the first team during Project Restart despite having earned over £10million in wages at the club. 

The PFA have taken up their fight to get their missing wages, but despite the threat of a winding-up petition the matter is set to be decided by an employment tribunal.
 

did wonder at first if it was Boro, - Ayala and Gestede, but I don’t think Gestede actually refused to play during June, did he? He only said he wouldn’t play after end of contract. ( And Ayala said he was injured)
Only club I remember where players actually refused to play during June was Charlton, but it can’t be them .

We weren’t close to being a leading championship club. But surely you can’t put a company out of business due to missing wages without any negotiations/trials. It’ll be through a tribunal and a compromise will be reached. Are the clubs in England organized like the players are in the players union? Does the EFL count as an employers union?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

We weren’t close to being a leading championship club. But surely you can’t put a company out of business due to missing wages without any negotiations/trials. It’ll be through a tribunal and a compromise will be reached. Are the clubs in England organized like the players are in the players union? Does the EFL count as an employers union?

English Law does, I believe, allow a creditor to issue a winding up order over unpaid debts (over a certain amount). It is then up to the debtor to pay up or prove in court the debt isn’t due. So a  winding up order application does have to go to court. It’s a threat  by the PFA - on behalf of a couple of its members - to try to force the issue. If it goes to employment tribunal presumably their decision will be binding though and force either the club to accept the liability and stump up, or the PFA to drop the threat.

PFA will be pushing this really hard though, as players wages are always a preferential creditor, in sense that if a club doesn’t pay them, the club can be kicked out of league. They won’t want anything threatening that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Only club I remember where players actually refused to play during June was Charlton, but it can’t be them .

It was reported in June that Sheffield Wednesday didn't pay their players, but I think that may have been more due to (at the time) the ongoing EFL investigation into their accounts. But not sure if after the investigation they then did pay the players, so could potentially add them to the mix too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

PFA will be pushing this really hard though, as players wages are always a preferential creditor, in sense that if a club doesn’t pay them, the club can be kicked out of league. They won’t want anything threatening that.

From the quote you've posted it sounds like the club in question are refusing to pay on the basis of the players refusing to play, rather than the club not having the funds to pay. The headline does say "Threat" which I think this is exactly what this is, I can't see a club being wound up on the basis of 2 players (who didn't play) not being paid.

As you've said I think it's much more likely to go the route of an employment tribunal. It seems like it'll go down to interpretation of the players contracts etc. Be interested to see if anything else comes out in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s an interesting question though regarding player power. Can they really expect to be paid if they refuse to play? I hope not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Barcelona first team players have a agreed to a paycut of £110 Million (per year). This is on top of the squad agreeing to defer £45 Million in bonuses. There was talk at the beginning of this month that if they couldn't cut around £150 Million off the wage bill for this season, that the threat of bankruptcy was very real.
    • As others have said, I would guess that the team that finished the derby game will likely start this fixture, with those who were subbed being introduced late on. The 5 subs rule allows us to comfortably rotate an entire attacking setup. Very useful if you have a good enough manager to utilise it.
    • If you dont mind a short drive get yourself booked into Art La Vey up towards Newcastle. That guy is head and shoulders above most in Boro. Mark at Nothingsacred in Stockton is class if you're wanting some dotwork done
    • H Birmingham City v Millwall H Blackburn Rovers v Barnsley H Cardiff City v Luton Town D Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers A Huddersfield Town v Middlesbrough H Norwich City v Coventry City A Rotherham United v AFC Bournemouth D Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke City H Watford v Preston North End   SUNDAY 29TH NOVEMBER A Nottingham Forest v Swansea City
    • Knowing the quality of the Daily Fail, they probably have Fulham as the Premiership club wanting him. It boils down to the lad's views on his future, his contract ends there ends in the summer, so everything in his hands, If he does not fancy move, then "agreement on terms could not be reached. If he wants away, not a lot we can do to stop him but there are not that many top rem teams looking for keepers, so it should be fairly easy to work out likely suspects, assuming not jut agent talk trying to get us to make decent offer in future 
×
×
  • Create New...