• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Sure?

Absolutely sure. Let me tell you how I saw it and how the moaners saw it. Chilwell got injured around the half hour mark when England were already 2-0 down. I think the correct thing for Southgate to do was replace him with a left back. I must confess I didn’t know a lot about the lad who went on but I think he plays for Arsenal.
Some on here think that a player from a different position (maybe centre forward) should have went on at that point. 🤷‍♂️
Winks replaced Henderson at half time and that was also wrong according to the experts on here. What should have happened? Another centre forward? 

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Absolutely sure. Let me tell you how I saw it and how the moaners saw it. Chilwell got injured around the half hour mark when England were already 2-0 down. I think the correct thing for Southgate to do was replace him with a left back. I must confess I didn’t know a lot about the lad who went on but I think he plays for Arsenal.
Some on here think that a player from a different position (maybe centre forward) should have went on at that point. 🤷‍♂️
Winks replaced Henderson at half time and that was also wrong according to the experts on here. What should have happened? Another centre forward? 

No-one thought that, youre making this up.

And as for when henderson, a more creative player should have came on because England needed two goals in 45 mins and England didnt look like being able to do that with the shape as it was. Its not that difficult - I know you like defensive football but while you're 2-0 down in a game you need to win? Come off it

I said at half time I thought the score was flattering a deflected goal and a good free kick but can't think of a lot more Belgium did. I thought we would lose tonight but was surprised that at the end of the game I was thinking the result to reflect the game I saw. But then again I suppose Belgium gave themselves the opportunity to shut up shop in the 2nd half and we didn't make the positive changes early enough for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Doyle GIF by Rafiki Mwema

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

No-one thought that, youre making this up.

And as for when henderson, a more creative player should have came on because England needed two goals in 45 mins and England didnt look like being able to do that with the shape as it was. Its not that difficult - I know you like defensive football but while you're 2-0 down in a game you need to win? Come off it

Southgate got the best result he could have once he went 2-0 down. Imagine the uproar if he let Belgium have a free reign and he lost by 6 or 7? It absolutely would have happened if he had been as stupid as some of the experts on here 🙄

Just now, Blanco said:

Southgate got the best result he could have once he went 2-0 down. Imagine the uproar if he let Belgium have a free reign and he lost by 6 or 7? It absolutely would have happened if he had been as stupid as some of the experts on here 🙄

Haha. Imagine Southgate said this in his post match interview.

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Who said that? 

The main gripe was we were struggling to create anything at all. So at halftime Southgate brought on Winks for Henderson. Winks doesn't exactly scream creative does he?

I know that you are adverse to criticising managers, but they can and do get things wrong. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Haha. Imagine Southgate said this in his post match interview.

It wouldn’t matter. He gets slaughtered anyway. Even when he wins sometimes 

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

By that logic when the Boro went 3-0 down on aggregate against Basel and Steaua we should have shut up shop and be happy with the loss?

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Who said that? 

The main gripe was we were struggling to create anything at all. So at halftime Southgate brought on Winks for Henderson. Winks doesn't exactly scream creative does he?

I know that you are adverse to criticising managers, but they can and do get things wrong. 

Read it back Dan. The substitutions are why England lost 😑 

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

By that logic when the Boro went 3-0 down on aggregate against Basel and Steaua we should have shut up shop and be happy with the loss?

Not at all? How could you think that? We had an abundance of attacking talent at that time. We also had a brilliant goalkeeper and a solid defence. We were also playing against teams who were not infinitely better than us. It’s not even a remotely similar situation