oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

28 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You conveniently disregarded my last sentence to suit your own narrative 

I disregarded all of your sentences because they were ***.

You should be allowed to say bollo(ks, it's hardly a swear word.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I disregarded all of your sentences because they were ***.

You should be allowed to say bollo(ks, it's hardly a swear word.

Agree CT it doesn’t even register as a swear word and delightfully describes most of your posts 🤪

10 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just opening this up to other people's thoughts did Belgium outclass us in the first half?

Where they far and away the better quality side?

Not really.

They got lucky with their goals and were more impressive defensively. We had plenty of possession but didn't do anything with it. I don't think Courtois even had to make a serious save, did he?

They played as well as they needed to, containing England after getting their goals and pretty comprehensively negating any threat from us.

Belgium may have gone through the gears if they'd had to work for their goals, but as it was, they didn't need to. The only positive for me was how well Grealish played. Shame no-one else was able to match his efforts.

As I said after the Ireland game, England really are a second tier nation. We're good enough to bully and dominate lesser countries, when our defence isn't really tested. But we usually come undone against the top nations.

You can argue if it weren't for that deflection and dodgy free kick, it may have ended in a draw, but I think they'd have stepped it up and beat us anyway.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Blanco said:

Agree CT it doesn’t even register as a swear word and delightfully describes most of your posts 🤪

On the subject of swear words, the Portuguese are already praying that Phil Foden does not make the Euro squad as his surname translates into a word that they don't want to use repeatedly in front of those easily offended. Another one for the "Naughty Name" team

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

On the subject of swear words, the Portuguese are already praying that Phil Foden does not make the Euro squad as his surname translates into a word that they don't want to use repeatedly in front of those easily offended. Another one for the "Naughty Name" team

I imagine they'll just call him Felipe. 😉

More than likely... they employ nicknames a lot ..  still remember Motty using three or four variations of Stefan Kuntz and using his squad number whenever he could...   it's the little things in life that make you smile. Had one aunt when I was growing up that whenever a "bad" word was used on TV, would always come out with "What did he just say" , knowing that my mother would not swear in front of us kids. Even ten year olds can work out that rhymes like "I chased a bug around a tree. I'll have his blood. He knows I will" aren't as innocent as they appear when they carry the instruction, "Say this three times as quick as you can" 🙂 

1 hour ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

just saw this on sky sports, Tony Pulis: "I really want to be totally committed to being truthful and honest";

goodfellas GIF

That man has neither been truthful or honest the whole of his life, the only priority Tony Pulis has is himself. I amazes me that football Chairmen continue to give him a job and throw money at him, and before you ask, no I dont like the man.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Pulis is just up to speed with the times; you can be as truthful or misleading as you want as a public figure as long as you say you're being honest.

Seems football managers (and chairmen..chairpersons?) are becoming more and more like politicians... 

19 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If you have to claim, that you are truthful and honest..... Then there's something rotten in the state of Denmark

Don't you guys call that food?

17 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Seems football managers (and chairmen..chairpersons?) are becoming more and more like politicians... 

I think many have realised that very few people in the media (particularly interviewers) will call them out when they spout utter sh1te. So they can go from being flexible with the truth to just bare faced lying pretty much unchecked.

That statement is about managers and politicians btw.