Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

Every time I watch Leeds I get sad at the thought of the Harrison Bamford traore trio that we never really got to see despite having them - what an absolute waste of that squad it was giving pulis the reigns. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Every time I watch Leeds I get sad at the thought of the Harrison Bamford traore trio that we never really got to see despite having them - what an absolute waste of that squad it was giving pulis the reigns. 

Completely agree I don't even think Harrison started a game despite us in like a 6 game losing run 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Some fans back in some grounds from December!

Great news but I can't see Middlesbrough being in a low enough Tier unfortunately any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Great news but I can't see Middlesbrough being in a low enough Tier unfortunately any time soon.

Yeah, I don't think there's much chance of that.  We are still some of the highest numbers in the country, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Some fans back in some grounds from December!

Very unlikely to apply to us.  I expect the whole of the North East will go into Tier 3.  We might manage to drop down to Tier 2 in Feb (once the inevitable Christmas spike in cases drops again), but we would need to get down to Tier 1 before fans would be allowed.  Can't see that happening before the Tier system ends in March (if it does end then...).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, White Band said:

Very unlikely to apply to us.  I expect the whole of the North East will go into Tier 3.  We might manage to drop down to Tier 2 in Feb (once the inevitable Christmas spike in cases drops again), but we would need to get down to Tier 1 before fans would be allowed.  Can't see that happening before the Tier system ends in March (if it does end then...).

2k fans at tier 2 from what I see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky have just said 2000 fans will be allowed in Tier 2.  Still can't see that applying to us for quite a long time.  Hope they keep the paid stream going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunners said:

2k fans at tier 2 from what I see?

Yep. Sky have just mentioned that.  Wasn't in the report I'd first seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, White Band said:

Yep. Sky have just mentioned that.  Wasn't in the report I'd first seen.

It's in the BBC report I linked first...like literally the 2nd sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timely three points for Old Gravel Voice given their next few fixtures, but now their two centre backs are both fit again, can see them beginning to get a few more points after that. wonder who will be first club to panic and go after Eddie Howe or the like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, White Band said:

Would it be economically viable to open the stadium for just 2000 fans?

Well we opened it just fine for 1000 fans already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Well we opened it just fine for 1000 fans already.

Yes, from a Covid point of view.  But did the club break even with the financial aspects of it?  Or did the staff costs mean that the club lost money on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, White Band said:

Yes, from a Covid point of view.  But did the club break even with the financial aspects of it?  Or did the staff costs mean that the club lost money on it?

Indeed - that was just a trial to see how clubs would manage social distancing during matches. I'm fairly certain the club would not have made anything even close to a profit on that.

Just pulling a number out of the air here, but I'd expect they'd need the ground to be at least half full to see any money after matchday costs are accounted for (stewards, policing and other ground / concourse staff). Might just break even at a third full.

But quite honestly 2,000 fans isn't going to be much different from the trial. If anything the club might actually lose more than from having a closed stadium.

That said, its a necessary "baby step" towards getting football back to normal. Gives staff the chance to get used to policing social distancing rules and fans the chance to get used to attending matches in a socially responsible way (hopefully).

It has to be done this way because there are still too many idiots out there ignoring the rules and causing numbers to spike - even during lockdown (two major outbreaks just announced in Kent).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...