Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

Meanwhile at a Tony Pulis Sheffield Wednesday home game....

1 shot on target

22% possession...

3 shots on target in 4 games

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Meanwhile at a Tony Pulis Sheffield Wednesday home game....

1 shot on target

22% possession...

3 shots on target in 4 games

They had a man sent off in the first half an hour and got a point out of the game. This is not one of the sticks to beat Pulis with. They did well to draw with high flying Reading in those circumstances 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

They had a man sent off in the first half an hour and got a point out of the game. This is not one of the sticks to beat Pulis with. They did well to draw with high flying Reading in those circumstances 

One should always beat Pulis with a stick, but in this particularly case I'm happy to laugh at SW for employing him.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Meanwhile at a Tony Pulis Sheffield Wednesday home game....

1 shot on target

22% possession...

3 shots on target in 4 games

Pulis has been in charge for more games (4) than they have had shots on target in those games. Admittedly they have been down to 10 men on two occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Psst .. Tony    for only £20 million, we can provide you with a proven Championship goalscorer..  club captain and has a lovely smile 🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Psst .. Tony    for only £20 million, we can provide you with a proven Championship goalscorer..  club captain and has a lovely smile 🙂  

And he can play on the wing. Just for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Psst .. Tony    for only £20 million, we can provide you with a proven Championship goalscorer..  club captain and has a lovely smile 🙂  

As if Pulis would ever willingly buy Britt.

Furthermore, as if Britt would ever willingly work under Pulis again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

They bought Flint, so you never know.........

Pulis threw Britt under the bus at literally every possible opportunity he could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Pulis threw Britt under the bus at literally every possible opportunity he could.

I think it was a deliberate but crude attempt to make Britt instruct his agent to get him the heck out of here. If rumours are to be believed he would have likely ended up with a cut of the sale but the spin would have been yet again saving SG a fortune on wages and bringing some cash in (so he could waste it on more overpriced mediocrity). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Pulis has been in charge for more games (4) than they have had shots on target in those games. Admittedly they have been down to 10 men on two occasions.

If he did something about player discipline, maybe he wouldn't have to be so defensive?

2 sendings-off in 4 games doesn't bode well for their survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

If he did something about player discipline, maybe he wouldn't have to be so defensive?

2 sendings-off in 4 games doesn't bode well for their survival.

Yeah going down to 10 men is never really something anyone wants (other than the opposition). They had 1 shot on target in the 2 games they went down to 10 men. But they only had 2 shots on target in the 2 games they didn't have a man sent off so either way it's not exactly great reading. But regardless I think Pulis is heavily in favour of a defensive style, especially judging his time with us, alongside his previous clubs too.

Mainly for FFP reasons it would be poetic if Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both went down. 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah going down to 10 men is never really something anyone wants (other than the opposition). They had 1 shot on target in the 2 games they went down to 10 men. But they only had 2 shots on target in the 2 games they didn't have a man sent off so either way it's not exactly great reading. But regardless I think Pulis is heavily in favour of a defensive style, especially judging his time with us, alongside his previous clubs too.

Mainly for FFP reasons it would be poetic if Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both went down. 😂

A very respected and knowledgable (also a student of Pulis) once said that it’s harder to play against 10 men. I think we’re underestimating the genius of Tony in employing this tactic 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Johnson, last at Bristol City, is in talks to be the new Sunderland manager.

My own feeling is he won't do particularly well there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he doesn't take the job. He's a good manager! (Though the Mackems could probably ruin the reputation of anyone at the moment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • I think people are getting carried away in believing NW will build a potential promotional squad next season, were as I believe he is employed to balance the books with bargain bin players for championship sustainability.  I don’t believe NW signed to ensure promotion only then to walk away if it was achieved, because the squad would need to be rebuilt to maintain its position. Like I said I believe his role is to mop up and leave, which makes sense simply because he is not building for the following season and has nothing to prove or answer for, he trots off into retirement, after balancing the books with  a team that can reasonably compete in a league the town can afford.    
    • I have watched some higlights different angles from the first Swansea goal .. If the ball doesnt deflect off Spence .. It would be off target across the box
    • I agree with all that but I'm talking about next season rather than this one and the parameters that Warnock may have to work with and in the context of some of the names and amount of new players being suggested on here generally. Not wishing to dampen the enthusiasm in any way but I think there will need to be a harsh new financial reality in football generally and with Boro in particular.  I'm speculating that £12M is the absolute minimum wage bill but SG might be willing to find more funds. A full season without gate income at the Riverside, Bulkhaul hit by Brexit and the Hotel closed for the last 12 months will have had a significant hit. Out of the eleven mentioned, Bettenelli, McNair, Hall, Howson, Saville, Bolasie, Akpom, Fletcher, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga, six of them, (Bettenelli, Fletcher, Bolasie, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga) won't be there and if in the case of Fletcher for example is here it won't be on the same terms. I'm guessing that Hall is nearer the £10K a week purely from reports around the time of his transfer leaving just McNair, Howson and Saville on the bigger salaries. How much we are contributing to Bolasie, Kebano and Bettenelli's wages at the minute I have no idea but it is probably eye watering.
×
×
  • Create New...