• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It is starting to look like the season may have to be suspended I’m afraid.
This new variant is spreading alarmingly quickly. 

It would still have to get significantly worse than it currently is to suspend the league again, the EFL can cope with the current amount of rescheduling. 

35 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It would still have to get significantly worse than it currently is to suspend the league again, the EFL can cope with the current amount of rescheduling. 

It may not be the EFL that makes such a decision.  Professional football has been suspended in the Welsh league by the Welsh government due to their current lockdown.  Cardiff and Swansea are only allowed to continue because they are in the English League rather than the Welsh one.  If the government goes for a full lockdown again like the first one then professional sport could be stopped.  I hope it doesn't happen, but it would be a government decision not a football league one.

1 hour ago, White Band said:

It may not be the EFL that makes such a decision.  Professional football has been suspended in the Welsh league by the Welsh government due to their current lockdown.  Cardiff and Swansea are only allowed to continue because they are in the English League rather than the Welsh one.  If the government goes for a full lockdown again like the first one then professional sport could be stopped.  I hope it doesn't happen, but it would be a government decision not a football league one.

True, I can see new restrictions coming in the next few days, the government are meeting today. 

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It is starting to look like the season may have to be suspended I’m afraid.
This new variant is spreading alarmingly quickly. 

Yeah I have a feeling, we'll have another national lockdown. In which sport may be suspended for 2-3 weeks, then resumes and goes back to a bubble environment again, behind closed doors.

4 hours ago, White Band said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Am fully expecting another full lockdown to be announced. Hospitals in the South apparently can't cope.

Yeah my local hospital is really struggling, critical care is entirely full* and we were in Tier 2 up until Boxing day. So I dread to think what some hospitals are like in Tier 3 and 4 areas. 

*I have people on the inside, I feel like a spy...or a sky sports reporter.

I feel for Karanka but Birmingham simply don't look like one his side's the way they leak goals. Meanwhile he has been badly let down by so many blunders from their goalie someone who has never made mistakes like this before. 

4 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I feel for Karanka but Birmingham simply don't look like one his side's the way they leak goals. Meanwhile he has been badly let down by so many blunders from their goalie someone who has never made mistakes like this before. 

Forest had alot of money for championship standards so could buy what they needed in terms of defence and Boro already had a good defence that Mowbray had built just turned out it was the keeper letting them down. As evidenced when we switched keepers and put Dimi in as he over time gave them confidence and it was almost like they understood each other perfectly. Birmingham have a poor defence and no money, then one of the players he does get in to defence which is George Friend who was declining in his last 2 seasons here. Karanka will sort out that back 4 given time but that be a much tougher challenge than his last 2 jobs to get that sorted. 

• Like 2

What I'd be worried about if I was a Birmingham fan is that Boro fans had concluded that although they were great servants both Clayts and Friend were finished at this level. That Karanka is trying to get the band back together rather than build a team in his own right is a concern from the off. The spine and foundation of his Boro promotion winning side were mainly Mowbray acquisitions, it still doesn't detract from his achievements as he brought players in himself but that bedrock upon which he built was already in-situ. He hasn't inherited that Mogga luxury at St. Andrews or at Forest previously.

On 12/29/2020 at 4:37 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I have a feeling, we'll have another national lockdown. In which sport may be suspended for 2-3 weeks, then resumes and goes back to a bubble environment again, behind closed doors.

Well , you might be right and it might be the best thing to do. I had to smile at Allerdyce’s comments though:-

Allardyce said a "circuit break" was the "right thing" to do to cope with the outbreak.

"Everyone's safety is more important than anything else," he added after West Brom's 5-0 home defeat by Leeds on Tuesday.

"I am 66 years old and the last thing I want to do is catch Covid.

Two weeks ago and he was safely at home, and could isolate or shield if he wanted. No need at all to ever work again. Do think he is last person that should be moaning about having to work, if there is no suspension of football - don’t suppose that ever occurred to him though!

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Well , you might be right and it might be the best thing to do. I had to smile at Allerdyce’s comments though:-

Allardyce said a "circuit break" was the "right thing" to do to cope with the outbreak.

"Everyone's safety is more important than anything else," he added after West Brom's 5-0 home defeat by Leeds on Tuesday.

"I am 66 years old and the last thing I want to do is catch Covid.

Two weeks ago and he was safely at home, and could isolate or shield if he wanted. No need at all to ever work again. Do think he is last person that should be moaning about having to work, if there is no suspension of football - don’t suppose that ever occurred to him though!

I was sceptical about this too. I’m of the opinion that he would rather have to weeks being closed doors to work on his squad 🤔

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I was sceptical about this too. I’m of the opinion that he would rather have to weeks being closed doors to work on his squad 🤔

Definitely. I think you are spot on with this Uwe