Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

It defiantly looks like its falling through more information that comes through the guy is kinda the black sheep of their royal family 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165003/Derby-set-pay-Richard-Keogh-2million-won-appeal-dismissal.html

Everything is just going south for Derby currently. Last week they couldn't pay their players, administration was a possibility, now the takeover is stalling and they have to pay Keogh 2 million for their shambolic treatment. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Borodane said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165003/Derby-set-pay-Richard-Keogh-2million-won-appeal-dismissal.html

Everything is just going south for Derby currently. Last week they couldn't pay their players, administration was a possibility, now the takeover is stalling and they have to pay Keogh 2 million for their shambolic treatment. 

The strange thing is his appeal over his sacking was upheld in an employment tribunal, but Derby (Of course they would) and also the EFL at the time of his sacking both turned his appeals down. I've also heard a few things on the grapevine that there is more to this than meets the eye. I think Derby are preparing to appeal this decision themselves, I think this will rumble on for a bit longer yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The strange thing is his appeal over his sacking was upheld in an employment tribunal, but Derby (Of course they would) and also the EFL at the time of his sacking both turned his appeals down. I've also heard a few things on the grapevine that there is more to this than meets the eye. I think Derby are preparing to appeal this decision themselves, I think this will rumble on for a bit longer yet.

The more I read about this, the more I hope they end up in League 1 next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd settle for seeing Derby experience a massive plummet into non-league football and a local derby game against Alfreton Town. Just saying .......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean say what you like about Derby County but normally it's the players that *** the bed halfway through the season, not the club hierarchy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The strange thing is his appeal over his sacking was upheld in an employment tribunal, but Derby (Of course they would) and also the EFL at the time of his sacking both turned his appeals down. I've also heard a few things on the grapevine that there is more to this than meets the eye. I think Derby are preparing to appeal this decision themselves, I think this will rumble on for a bit longer yet.

They will definitely appeal, although I find it hard to see them winning when two other players who did far worse in the same incident remained on their books (Bennett has now left but remained employed by them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bristol City lost 10m after making 25m in player sales. Can't imagine how bad most other teams accounts are...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will said:

They will definitely appeal, although I find it hard to see them winning when two other players who did far worse in the same incident remained on their books (Bennett has now left but remained employed by them).

I'm not that clued up on employment law (happy to be corrected) but would Keogh being injured long-term, where as Bennett and Lawrence being ok potentially skew things in terms of a breach of contract. Then consider neither were sentenced to actual prison time, I imagine if both were given jail time Derby may have terminated all three's contracts. I also can't be 100% sure but I think all 3 got offered new deals at reduced wages after the crash and Keogh was the only one to turn it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not that clued up on employment law (happy to be corrected) but would Keogh being injured long-term, where as Bennett and Lawrence being ok potentially skew things in terms of a breach of contract. Then consider neither were sentenced to actual prison time, I imagine if both were given jail time Derby may have terminated all three's contracts. I also can't be 100% sure but I think all 3 got offered new deals at reduced wages after the crash and Keogh was the only one to turn it down. 

Yeah, the sacked him after he refused to accept a huge pay decrease. You can’t just sack off employees like that. And I doubt you can terminate a contract. He was obviously welcome to stay if he accepted less money. That doesn’t really help Detbys case. I’m guessing they will just drag this on for as long as they can as they don’t currently have any money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah, the sacked him after he refused to accept a huge pay decrease. You can’t just sack off employees like that. And I doubt you can terminate a contract. He was obviously welcome to stay if he accepted less money. That doesn’t really help Detbys case. I’m guessing they will just drag this on for as long as they can as they don’t currently have any money. 

I get that, and it does appear they pretty much got shot of him due to his age, value (or lack of) and his large salary. But surely in terms of a footballing contract, getting injured in circumstances like this would be "Gross Misconduct" and in breach of that contract (as is the official Derby line)? It's not exactly like he's been injured on the field of play and they've terminated his contract. He (along with the others) did something incredibly reckless and surely must face the consequences of that, of which at the time was either accept a lower wage or get the sack. 

Does that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I get that, and it does appear they pretty much got shot of him due to his age, value (or lack of) and his large salary. But surely in terms of a footballing contract, getting injured in circumstances like this would be "Gross Misconduct" and in breach of that contract (as is the official Derby line)? It's not exactly like he's been injured on the field of play and they've terminated his contract. He (along with the others) did something incredibly reckless and surely must face the consequences of that, of which at the time was either accept a lower wage or get the sack. 

Does that make sense?

If he was driving yes. He was just a passenger on the back seat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If he was driving yes. He was just a passenger on the back seat. 

He made a decision to get into the car, of which he knew the driver was over the limit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

He made a decision to get into the car, of which he knew the driver was over the limit. 

Maybe he didn’t knew the driver was over the limit. Maybe he trusted the driver when he said he could drive. He could have asked if anyone at the party was sober enough to drive him home as he’d had too much to drink. Still I wouldn’t expect to be sacked because my coworker crashed his car after having too much to drink. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borodane said:

Maybe he didn’t knew the driver was over the limit. Maybe he trusted the driver when he said he could drive. He could have asked if anyone at the party was sober enough to drive him home as he’d had too much to drink. Still I wouldn’t expect to be sacked because my coworker crashed his car after having too much to drink. 

I think it would be difficult to not know that Lawrence wasn't over the limit. They were all out drinking with each other. They also had the option of club chartered taxis, which they turned down.

On top of that Keogh himself was not wearing a seat belt when they crashed (which is against UK law). He isn't a blameless party, there were things that he could and should have done, that would have prevented all this.

Although, yes, he wasn't the actual person behind the wheel. He was the one that made the decision to turn down alternative transport, get in a car with someone over the limit and then make the decision to not wear a seat belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • New Championship season 2021/2022 kicks off on evening of Friday 6th August. Final game is 7th May 2022 Championship play off final is Sun 29th May 2022 *Hope we kick off the season at home on Friday evening. Decent crown back at home for the curtain raiser would be nice.
    • As a keeper, it's a massive risk to stay put for a penalty. If you do and the taker just rolls it into either corner you look a right knob. It looks better to commit either way. When I was a lot younger I saved a penalty once just by assuming the taker would hit it into the top left corner. Usually such penalties aren't savable but the lad tried to loft it in rather than going for power and I just caught it, haha.
    • @Brunners Like the mirror of my footballing career! 😂
    • I'm guessing that our squad of 25 players next season will have a few young ones lets say 5 at around £4K a week, then say a core group of 14 at around £8K to £10K a week so lets call it £9K. Then there will likely be a few who are paid a little bit more say 4 around £12K then I'd guess say two on £20K for their "star status."  I make that a weekly bill of £234,000 and annually just over £12M. I'm guessing that SG and the Accountants will work out how much of a squad wage bill they can afford and work it backwards starting with who is already here and how much are they costing us then the difference is what NW will have to negotiate and wriggle with. There are all sorts of permutations that can be worked into that, he may prefer to gamble with padding the squad with say the likes of Wood, Wing, Spence and Coulson (or of that ilk rather than them specifically) so he can offer a bit more elsewhere, for example a Striker who is mobile and even scores goals may be deemed value for money in committing a huge dollop of that budget to. Just as an aside to me Fletcher doesn't fit that billing. Loans where parent clubs pay a big chunk will likely have to be well executed in getting the likes of Kebano back in on loan but the waiting and the chance that you don't get who you really want could leave us short. The £12M figure is just a nominal one, it could be £15M or indeed could be much lower depending upon the real financial landscape rather than the one we are hoping for. One or two of the younger players or lower paid players are likely on less than £4K or £9K so there may be more flexibility. When it comes to the names being bandied about like Bolasie I'm guessing that he will occupy one of the top salary berths if he came permanently. Like Fletcher I'm not sure that represents a good return on that level of investment, the question then becomes if not them then who?
    • What do we need now? A goalkeeper and two strikers worthy of the name, and a CB because Hall and Fry have both been missed whenever they've been out. What will we need by August? Surely that depends how many of the loanees stay or go? If they all stay, I think we've probably got enough bodies and strength in depth without bankrupting ourselves. If players start drifting back to parent clubs, we need to replace them with like-for-like. On paper, our squad today is stronger than it has been for a couple of years. I do think we could fashion a really good side over the next year, similar to the Karanka-era sides where the starting XI largely picked itself and subs made a real impact, but endlessly chopping and changing playing personnel won't help to build that consistency. Personally, I'm not a fan of loan signings for that very reason, but I accept they're a necessary evil when we don't have money to pay up front for outright acquisitions.  
×
×
  • Create New...