• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What is the point of Burnley?

8 points clear of relegation, virtually guaranteed safety and they play the weakest team possible in the FA Cup.

Since they were promoted, they've been knocked out by lower league opposition in every season.

2020/21: FA Cup - Bournemouth (Championship)

League Cup - Man City

2019/20: League Cup - Sunderland (League One) 

FA Cup - Norwich (Premier League, finished 20th)

2018/19: League Cup - Burton (League One)

FA Cup - Man City

2017/18: League Cup - Leeds (Championship)

Fa Cup - Man City

2016/17: League Cup - Accrington Stanley (League Two)

FA Cup - Lincoln (National League)

What a hollow existence it must be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

What is the point of Burnley?

8 points clear of relegation, virtually guaranteed safety and they play the weakest team possible in the FA Cup.

Since they were promoted, they've been knocked out by lower league opposition in every season.

2020/21: FA Cup - Bournemouth (Championship)

League Cup - Man City

2019/20: League Cup - Sunderland (League One) 

FA Cup - Norwich (Premier League, finished 20th)

2018/19: League Cup - Burton (League One)

FA Cup - Man City

2017/18: League Cup - Leeds (Championship)

Fa Cup - Man City

2016/17: League Cup - Accrington Stanley (League Two)

FA Cup - Lincoln (National League)

What a hollow existence it must be.

They also qualified for Europe and have been a solid premier League team for years while we've been relegated from the prem, almost got relegated to League one and have had to watch some of the most dire football known to man. I know which I'd choose. 

8 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

They also qualified for Europe and have been a solid premier League team for years while we've been relegated from the prem, almost got relegated to League one and have had to watch some of the most dire football known to man. I know which I'd choose. 

They qualified for Europe and were then *** in Europe and knocked out before the group stages, and then for the rest of the season used those matches as an excuse for how bad they were.

They only just scraped past Aberdeen in extra time

Burnley play horrific football, so I'm not having the difference in quality as a plus point for them.

I'm not daft, obviously I would rather be in Burnley's situation than ours, but every one of their seasons since promotion has been so tedious, with the exception of the one where they qualified for Europe and then they immediately squandered it.

Honestly cannot understand why they didn't play a strong team last night, their season is basically over now.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, TLF10 said:

2 out of 2 for Woodgate. Gwaaan lad.

Woodgate has used all the experience he gained at the Boro to become a top class manager, sacking him was a knee jerk reaction from Gibson, had we kept him I think there's a possibility we would have made top 10 or higher in League 1, who knows maybe even the League 1 play offs 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Woodgate has used all the experience he gained at the Boro to become a top class manager, sacking him was a knee jerk reaction from Gibson, had we kept him I think there's a possibility we would have made top 10 or higher in League 1, who knows maybe even the League 1 play offs 😀

Watch Woodgate go and do a Southgate now become a succeful England manager 😂

27 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Watch Woodgate go and do a Southgate now become a succeful England manager 😂

Is Southgate a successful manager 🤔

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bristol City score first against Brentford, lose 3-1.

Middlesbrough score first against Brentford, lose 4-1.

Reading score first against Brentford, lose 3-1.

Scoring only makes them angry.

They're just so good they like to spot opponents 1 goal advantages for fairness reasons.

• Like 1

Brentford look unstoppable but surely they cannot keep this up until end of season? If they do they deserve to go up. Albeit I feel there will be a blip for them. Just depends how long any blip is..

Fair to say its 2 out of Norwich, Swansea and Brentford to go up automatically or people think someone else in running for the automatics?

• Like 1