oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Far, far better!

I'm sorry, I just look like a *** now, hahah, I'd forgotten it was your second language.

To be fair, he is a dane so he dont have a first one... 😉

Ill stop now...

• Haha 3
  • Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Far, far better!

I'm sorry, I just look like a *** now, hahah, I'd forgotten it was your second language.

That I take as a compliment 😎

And i didn't take offence in anything at all 😊

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

But am I right, that americans say overtime?

Yeah, it's extra time here but overtime over there.

So it's not really a mistake, just a different dialect.

• Like 1

Fun fact:

Actually .. My dialect in Western Denmark ... Goes way back .. And the root of that dialect is pretty close to how people talked in the North East England and parts of Scotland a few centuries back.

Just now, SmogDane said:

Fun fact:

Actually .. My dialect in Western Denmark ... Goes way back .. And the root of that dialect is pretty close to how people talked in the North East England and parts of Scotland a few centuries back.

Like a match made in Valhalla.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Fun fact:

Yes because north England was viking land 😉 ofc the norwegian was first but we where a bit more cultured than the danish brutes 😛

• Haha 1

Yeah but the fun part is, that it is the Danish dialect of West Jutland that is similar to old Scottish .. Not the other way around, cause no other dialect in Denmark is like that. We use a totally different grammar and other words.

Some words are very much a like

• Like 1

I’m watching the Liverpool game and it’s occurred to me that seeing as all of the premier league refereeing decisions are being made by VAR, is there an argument for assigning the top officials to championship games  instead?
That way the refs and linesmen can utilise their skills in matches that are far more difficult to officiate. 

• Like 1

Interesting game Huddersfield v Cardiff. Cardiff do look very ordinary when their way of playing is stopped. Naby Sarr the Huddersfield cb has impressed me, I’d be happy with him at Boro (I know he got done by Watmore for his wonder goal).

1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

Yaya Sanogo has just missed a penalty against Cardiff. Hit it wide, well wide. Awful! Only consolation is we didn’t sign him.

Wonder how much the club regret that 😁