oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

This argument has been going on for days and to be honest it’s not important enough for me to invest too much emotion, I’ve made my point but it really doesn’t matter. 

I’m currently sat on a bench outside the hospital whilst my terminally ill wife is fighting for consciousness, so I really don’t want to go down a wormhole on a football forum. 

Bloody hell Billy!

That sort of thing does put everything else in perspective.

For what its worth, sending my best wishes and prayers that she pulls through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t very exciting when you can’t travel or meet up with people. 
I’m hoping that my wife, Sue will get over this current crisis, it’s been bought on by too much chemo and radiotherapy. Hopefully I’ll have her back home and we can indeed have some quality time together. 

This forum has been a godsend, especially over the last 5 weeks that she’s been in hospital, so I’ll try not to fall out with all of you, as it’s valuable to have human contact!

For what it's worth, I'm glad you mentioned it, as hard as it may well be to talk about even when it's something you're actively dealing with. I apologise for the things I've said, there are clearly more important things than this daft argument over football opinions.

I do sincerely hope things improve for both you and your wife Sue and soon, for both your benefit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56437260

Things are getting absolutely ridiculous at Rotherham now.

There is something strange going on there.  I fully understand that people who are being careful and are taking appropriate precautions can still get covid without being at fault.  However, they have had two major outbreaks.  25 positive tests at a single club in such a short time is a lot and not what you would expect if guidance was being followed fully.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t very exciting when you can’t travel or meet up with people. 
I’m hoping that my wife, Sue will get over this current crisis, it’s been bought on by too much chemo and radiotherapy. Hopefully I’ll have her back home and we can indeed have some quality time together. 

This forum has been a godsend, especially over the last 5 weeks that she’s been in hospital, so I’ll try not to fall out with all of you, as it’s valuable to have human contact!

So sorry to hear about your wife, Sue. I really hope she pulls through fella. Can't imagine how hard this is for you 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56437260

Things are getting absolutely ridiculous at Rotherham now.

What the hell are they doing. No other clubs are recording outbreaks and certainly not on such a huge scale. You wonder if they are paying any attention to the guidelines at that club.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What the hell are they doing. No other clubs are recording outbreaks and certainly not on such a huge scale. You wonder if they are paying any attention to the guidelines at that club.

I would like to think and believe they are. But it would only take one or two persons to flaunt the rules or take risks (or to be asymptotic) to bring it all down. However for 3 weeks plus now something isn’t right 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I would like to think and believe they are. But it would only take one or two persons to flaunt the rules or take risks (or to be asymptotic) to bring it all down. However for 3 weeks plus now something isn’t right 

It's far from the first time either, let's not forget our Boxing Day match with them was rearranged because they had a Covid outbreak.

Something is going wrong there.

The thing is, as much as I dislike Derby and want them to get relegated, it gives Rotherham an unfair advantage having all these games in hand as a result of postponements.

They will know how many points they need to stay up for a start, they could play teams who are firmly mid-table and so who have nothing to play for, but could have done earlier in the season when they were supposed to play, and obviously the biggest advantage is they've been able to rest their players by not playing the games.

As harsh as it sounds I think they should be thrown out of the Championship, especially if they're found to be not following coronavirus guidelines.

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The thing is, as much as I dislike Derby and want them to get relegated, it gives Rotherham an unfair advantage having all these games in hand as a result of postponements.

They will know how many points they need to stay up for a start, they could play teams who are firmly mid-table and so who have nothing to play for, but could have done earlier in the season when they were supposed to play, and obviously the biggest advantage is they've been able to rest their players by not playing the games.

As harsh as it sounds I think they should be thrown out of the Championship, especially if they're found to be not following coronavirus guidelines.

If most of those players have had covid though it might not be much of a rest for a number of them...

• Like 1