oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If most of those players have had covid though it might not be much of a rest for a number of them...

Yeah and the number of games they're going to have to play in a row to make up for all the postponements will end up being very difficult for them to manage. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I think the current bottom 3 are the 3 that are going down.

Wycombe are obviously already goners and have been for a long time, Sheff Wed have 10 games to overturn a 9 point deficit and Rotherham won't be able to cope with that fixture congestion and lack of fitness.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think the current bottom 3 are the 3 that are going down.

Wycombe are obviously already goners and have been for a long time, Sheff Wed have 10 games to overturn a 9 point deficit and Rotherham won't be able to cope with that fixture congestion and lack of fitness.

I think Bowyer will battle and scrap Birmingham's way to safety, under Aitor I think they would have went down or been reliant on three sides being worse than them.

Screenshot_20210318-140145_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7e4941eaa14b83a4124da635330ce7a7.jpg

I really like that squad, England have got a lot of quality players right now, even with numerous injuries.

Lingard being back in will probably ruffle a few feathers though.

No Bamford, even with numerous injuries to forwards, I guess we're never getting a bonus for international call-up.

You'd think he'll declare for Ireland if he still misses out in the summer.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210318-140145_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7e4941eaa14b83a4124da635330ce7a7.jpg

I really like that squad, England have got a lot of quality players right now, even with numerous injuries.

Lingard being back in will probably ruffle a few feathers though.

No Bamford, even with numerous injuries to forwards, I guess we're never getting a bonus for international call-up.

You'd think he'll declare for Ireland if he still misses out in the summer.

Lingard should be in the squad this time, but only because Maddison, Barnes, sancho and grealish are injured. All four of those players are a level above him, he won't make the euros squad unless there's a similar injury problem at the time. 

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Lingard should be in the squad this time, but only because Maddison, Barnes, sancho and grealish are injured. All four of those players are a level above him, he won't make the euros squad unless there's a similar injury problem at the time. 

I agree, and Southgate has said as much himself, but I fully expect him to score for England this month either way, he usually plays well for us.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Also bamford came off injured in the first half of the last game, could be the reason.

Southgate has said it's just because he prefers Watkins, and Bamford was close to getting picked, but they'll continue to look at him.

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Eh? Isn't he on loan at St.Pauli?

He's also playing for Dinamo Zagreb in their historic 3-2 comeback victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

Mourinho is surely on the brink.

36 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Kemar Roofe has been sent off after coming on less than about 5 minutes.

Very high foot and catches the Slavia keeper clean in the face. Looked a very nasty collision! 

That’s not a red card at all. I know this for a fact as Dael Fry took a boot to the face and no infringement was incurred. Even retrospectively it was deemed fair play. Unless you are suggesting the FA are incompetent 🤔

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just don’t see how that’s a red card. Not deliberately done, didn’t see him, get football done away with if that’s a red card etc etc etc

E2936818-784F-4ED2-BF41-683F0951EDC2.jpeg

image.png.e5771a5df7934b2ba3681e3d052ab639.png

Sometimes it's the other way around, where the keeper kicks the attacker! 

Does anybody remember this? The keeper was later to join Boro btw ...

33 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just don’t see how that’s a red card. Not deliberately done, didn’t see him, get football done away with if that’s a red card etc etc etc

E2936818-784F-4ED2-BF41-683F0951EDC2.jpeg

I don't want to dredge up old discussions, but there is night and day difference between the incident involving Fry and the Roofe incident tonight. Roofe is literally jumping into the Keeper to get the ball, whereas Branthwaite was in a "fixed" position so to speak.

For what it's worth I think both are 100% red cards, but do think there is a subtle difference between the two.

• Like 2