Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

If most of those players have had covid though it might not be much of a rest for a number of them...

Yeah and the number of games they're going to have to play in a row to make up for all the postponements will end up being very difficult for them to manage. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1299

  • Borodane

    1202

  • Brunners

    1038

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Here's an even better question but it's quite a long one.  Why did we sign Bamford and Gestede for a manager that didn't want them at the time, then 6 months later, appoint a different manager wh

Posted Images

I think the current bottom 3 are the 3 that are going down.

Wycombe are obviously already goners and have been for a long time, Sheff Wed have 10 games to overturn a 9 point deficit and Rotherham won't be able to cope with that fixture congestion and lack of fitness.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think the current bottom 3 are the 3 that are going down.

Wycombe are obviously already goners and have been for a long time, Sheff Wed have 10 games to overturn a 9 point deficit and Rotherham won't be able to cope with that fixture congestion and lack of fitness.

I think Bowyer will battle and scrap Birmingham's way to safety, under Aitor I think they would have went down or been reliant on three sides being worse than them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20210318-140145_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7e4941eaa14b83a4124da635330ce7a7.jpg

I really like that squad, England have got a lot of quality players right now, even with numerous injuries.

Lingard being back in will probably ruffle a few feathers though.

 

No Bamford, even with numerous injuries to forwards, I guess we're never getting a bonus for international call-up.

You'd think he'll declare for Ireland if he still misses out in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210318-140145_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7e4941eaa14b83a4124da635330ce7a7.jpg

I really like that squad, England have got a lot of quality players right now, even with numerous injuries.

Lingard being back in will probably ruffle a few feathers though.

 

No Bamford, even with numerous injuries to forwards, I guess we're never getting a bonus for international call-up.

You'd think he'll declare for Ireland if he still misses out in the summer.

Lingard should be in the squad this time, but only because Maddison, Barnes, sancho and grealish are injured. All four of those players are a level above him, he won't make the euros squad unless there's a similar injury problem at the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Lingard should be in the squad this time, but only because Maddison, Barnes, sancho and grealish are injured. All four of those players are a level above him, he won't make the euros squad unless there's a similar injury problem at the time. 

I agree, and Southgate has said as much himself, but I fully expect him to score for England this month either way, he usually plays well for us.

 

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Also bamford came off injured in the first half of the last game, could be the reason.

Southgate has said it's just because he prefers Watkins, and Bamford was close to getting picked, but they'll continue to look at him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Eh? Isn't he on loan at St.Pauli?

He's also playing for Dinamo Zagreb in their historic 3-2 comeback victory over Tottenham Hotspur.

Mourinho is surely on the brink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Kemar Roofe has been sent off after coming on less than about 5 minutes.

Very high foot and catches the Slavia keeper clean in the face. Looked a very nasty collision! 

That’s not a red card at all. I know this for a fact as Dael Fry took a boot to the face and no infringement was incurred. Even retrospectively it was deemed fair play. Unless you are suggesting the FA are incompetent 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just don’t see how that’s a red card. Not deliberately done, didn’t see him, get football done away with if that’s a red card etc etc etc

E2936818-784F-4ED2-BF41-683F0951EDC2.jpeg



image.png.e5771a5df7934b2ba3681e3d052ab639.png

Sometimes it's the other way around, where the keeper kicks the attacker! 

Does anybody remember this? The keeper was later to join Boro btw ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just don’t see how that’s a red card. Not deliberately done, didn’t see him, get football done away with if that’s a red card etc etc etc

E2936818-784F-4ED2-BF41-683F0951EDC2.jpeg

I don't want to dredge up old discussions, but there is night and day difference between the incident involving Fry and the Roofe incident tonight. Roofe is literally jumping into the Keeper to get the ball, whereas Branthwaite was in a "fixed" position so to speak.

For what it's worth I think both are 100% red cards, but do think there is a subtle difference between the two.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • It's more because this is the route I want the club to go down sign players with potential not 30 year olds who are passed their peak. That is the case with Smith and hoillet 
    • Just seen Hull close to signing Dion Charles from Accrington, he's one of the standout L1 strikers in my opinion would've liked us to have a look 
    • If distance is all that matters, then hard to beat this one 🙂
    • Can i ask where the sudden love and appreciation for Mendez Gomez has come from on this board? I seen people mention him a fee times in last couple days especially when not being happy at the signing of Michale Smith. Despite fact ones a winger and other is a striker so am not even understanding the comparison  Did anyone even know who Mendez Gomes was until @diggerlad07 mentioned we scouted him? And now he suddenly this up and coming talent in everyones eyes that we must sign? Reminds me last summer when this board had a meltdown at the club for losing out to Brentford for Charlie Goode and we all know how well he did for Brentford.
    • Ah..  the eighties..  when haircuts were weird and so were footballers 🙂

×
×
  • Create New...