• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Only Chelsea and City have a lower expected goals against. Yeah I really like Potter, think his time in Sweden really laid the groundwork. Was with Ostersunds for 6/7 years (I think) and took them from the 4th tier to the Europa League.

Potter is very popular down here in Brighton, even though their league position is precarious. They just need a decent striker, but we all know how difficult they are to find, I’ve always been a big Wellbeck fan, but he’s too injury prone even though on his day he’s unplayable. 

• Like 2

I dont know how Newcastle aren't in the bottom three yet. They've been awful. 

Hope Fulham get themselves safe. Both because we might be able to keep Kebano and it would be fun having derbys against the Geordies and the Mackems next year. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Alex Neil sacked by Preston. 

That seems harsh. They offloaded a fair few first team players in January. That makes it very difficult to be competitive 

• Like 3
Just now, Blanco said:

That seems harsh. They offloaded a fair few first team players in January. That makes it very difficult to be competitive 

Preston fans have gone off him massively, I was reading their forum the other day after we played them and this has been coming for a while now in their view.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I agree, he had his team sold from underneath him and he was bound to struggle.

As far as I know they don't even have an actual right back anymore.

34 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't know why I'm getting so much satisfaction every time Luis Suarez scores for Atletico Madrid, Barcelona have so much egg on for their face from forcing him out.

He is an absolute baller. I love watching him play. The talent is unreal. Putting aside the human who does not come across so well on a football pitch. 

17 hours ago, Brunners said:

Preston fans have gone off him massively, I was reading their forum the other day after we played them and this has been coming for a while now in their view.

I think they were clearly hoping he'd be able to replicate what he did with Norwich, he was still considered pretty hot stuff at this level when they brought him in. It's been nearly 4 seasons and he's never managed to crack the play-offs, however close they've been. They're in an awful run of form and if the season were to finish now, it'd be the worst position Neil has finished with them.

As far as sacking managers go, he's actually had quite a long time with them and other internal factors aside, I can see why the club and fans want to move on.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as sacking managers go, he's actually had quite a long time with them and other internal factors aside, I can see why the club and fans want to move on.

It's always a very different perspective fans of other clubs have from the outside looking in. I would have thought that keeping him would make the most sense for Preston but I guess like Karanka that is based on his record for a couple of seasons a few years ago now and like AK he has struggled to get anywhere near that level again. Having to watch your club get beat and seeing a lack of organisation, application and anything else during that time with the deficiencies not being addressed is hard to take for more than 18 months at the very most. 

On 3/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Alex Neil sacked by Preston. 

Linked with the Aberdeen job now, which I think would be a great appointment for them.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56487648

Barnsley best hope they go up as being ordered to pay £1m is a fairly significant sum for them at this level and would impact on they summer recruitment I would imagine

I hope they do go up, but Barnsley have very rich owners now, so I'm sure they'll be okay if they don't.