Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1299

  • Borodane

    1202

  • Brunners

    1035

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Here's an even better question but it's quite a long one.  Why did we sign Bamford and Gestede for a manager that didn't want them at the time, then 6 months later, appoint a different manager wh

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Anyone watching Burnley v Newcastle?

Newcastle had a pen denied in similar circumstances to Branthwaite/Fry.

Baffling that it wasn't given, they don't even have the excuse of no VAR.

20210411_130651.jpg.4b4798a4bfbb32fd9615e1e5268249a8.jpg

Wouldn't even need to make contact for that to be a foul elsewhere on the pitch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@TeaCider24It's just bizarre, personally I think that is more down to the rules in the game itself more than VAR. 

We should try and make incidents like that a bit more black and white, take the interpretation side of things out. People might not like it at first, but it'll sort these strange swings out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yep an entertaining game, 2 great goals from Newcastle. 
 

The ref was spot on with the penalty decision, it was accidental, there was no way he saw the Newcastle player rushing in. 

Big turnaround for Newcastle.

For me personally that's a foul (and a pen) it's an accident but it's still dangerous play. Similar to when Fry was booted in the head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Big turnaround for Newcastle.

For me personally that's a foul (and a pen) it's an accident but it's still dangerous play. Similar to when Fry was booted in the head.

I didn’t think the Fry incident was anything other than an accident either, but it happened in our own penalty area in any case so even if a foul was given, it would have made very little difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I didn’t think the Fry incident was anything other than an accident either, but it happened in our own penalty area in any case so even if a foul was given, it would have made very little difference. 

Yeah I think both incidents were accidents, but they were both dangerous and should have both been given as fouls. I could be wrong but I'm sure it was from our corner (attacking the Blackburn box) that the Fry incident happened?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I didn’t think the Fry incident was anything other than an accident either, but it happened in our own penalty area in any case so even if a foul was given, it would have made very little difference. 

Now you're wrong on TWO fronts.

It was in the opposition box & it's still a foul & pen & red card, regardless of what you continually try and claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Now you're wrong on TWO fronts.

It was in the opposition box & it's still a foul & pen & red card, regardless of what you continually try and claim.

My mistake, I thought the incident took place in our own box. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I think both incidents were accidents, but they were both dangerous and should have both been given as fouls. I could be wrong but I'm sure it was from our corner (attacking the Blackburn box) that the Fry incident happened?

Ah yes, my mistake. In that case they are both identical scenarios. Do you think either warranted a red card?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Ah yes, my mistake. In that case they are both identical scenarios. Do you think either warranted a red card?

I'm not 100% sure myself if it should be a red, due to the circumstances of both, maybe a penalty and a yellow. 

If both defenders were clearly looking at the attacking player coming in and still made the same decision, I'd say a red would be fair in that case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brunners I don’t think it’s correct to categorically say I’m wrong on two fronts (and in capital letters too!) it’s my opinion that neither incident should have been penalised and I’m entitled to that opinion, as are you yours.
Try not to be so aggressive please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not 100% sure myself if it should be a red, due to the circumstances of both, maybe a penalty and a yellow. 

If both defenders were clearly looking at the attacking player coming in and still made the same decision, I'd say a red would be fair in that case.

That’s fair enough, you could be right, although the dastardly VAR system couldn’t convince the ref, which I find odd as things always look bad in slow motion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...