Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1299

  • Borodane

    1202

  • Brunners

    1038

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Here's an even better question but it's quite a long one.  Why did we sign Bamford and Gestede for a manager that didn't want them at the time, then 6 months later, appoint a different manager wh

Posted Images

Strange to think West Ham might be playing Champions League football next season.

Amazing how many times Moyes was written off as just another average manager who would never achieve anything noteworthy.

But he's obviously got something going on there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Strange to think West Ham might be playing Champions League football next season.

Amazing how many times Moyes was written off as just another average manager who would never achieve anything noteworthy.

But he's obviously got something going on there.

Yeah, he's doing an incredible job, I thought he was treated quite shabbily by them the first time around.

They've still got to manage the next 7 games though, they could still very easily finish outside the Europa League spots, let alone the Champions League.

They've led 3-0 in the last 3 games in a row and nearly blew it in all of them, so there's definitely cause for concern.

Newcastle next, hopefully they get another 3 points.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Strange to think West Ham might be playing Champions League football next season.

Amazing how many times Moyes was written off as just another average manager who would never achieve anything noteworthy.

But he's obviously got something going on there.

 

He certainly has, you could say the same of Rogers too, he was ridiculed by fans when he was at Liverpool. I even overheard Phil Neville telling Lee Dixon that Rogers was the worst manager in the League at the time.
 

Both have proved critics wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

tenor.gif.9b8a419966c1f906f10525f0ae615b4a.gif

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

In my opinion VAR is only there to take goals away from teams. It does nothing positive for the game. Both Liverpool and Wolves had goals taken away from them yesterday with neither of them justified either. The referees are being seriously undermined by it and they are now just taking the safe option and hiding behind VAR

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

In my opinion VAR is only there to take goals away from teams. It does nothing positive for the game. Both Liverpool and Wolves had goals taken away from them yesterday with neither of them justified either. The referees are being seriously undermined by it and they are now just taking the safe option and hiding behind VAR

VAR was brought in to improve the game its been nothing but a hinderance and an absolute farce, players getting ruled offside for not even interfering with play, I'd sooner just go back to goal line technology and the ref and assistants making the rest of the decisions rightly or wrongly.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

VAR was brought in to improve the game its been nothing but a hinderance and an absolute farce, players getting ruled offside for not even interfering with play, I'd sooner just go back to goal line technology and the ref and assistants making the rest of the decisions rightly or wrongly.

It was supposed to be only used for clear and obvious errors which is fine in theory but if it takes a number of minutes to decide if it’s right or wrong, then there was no clear or obvious error and the on field decision should count. They have tried to sanitise it too much and it is turning people off the game

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Weird VAR decision to deny the Man United goal, surely Son going down had no bearing on the goal, but if it did, and if it was violent play Mctominay should have received a second yellow. Can anyone explain these decisions?

I'm pretty sure no-one can explain VAR. As we know from the Championship, refereeing decisions can be bizarre even without it. 🤷‍♂️

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Get in there, Wigan!
Ends Wigan 2-1 Sunderland
They've just dragged themselves out of the relegation zone.

Sunderland lose a second game in succession, they're now 5 points adrift of 2nd with 6 games to play. 
Just need Peterborough and Hull to win a few more games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • This can't be correct because Austria have made it 100% They're playing Italy I think.
    • He did indeed; I'm sure recently I watched Foster talking about it again. If anyone hasn't checked out his channel by the way you really should, his youtube content is excellent viewing. Hope the PL let him keep the gopro!
    • That one reminds me of Paul Robinson scoring with a free kick from just outside his own box. Think he beat The Cycling GK Ben Foster with that one.
    • @DurhamRedi get that concern but at moment if you look at the possible first 11. We got Dijksteel, Fry, Bola and Tav all under 25. Add to that Lumley and Paddy who are both 26. That is 6 out my first 11 that are 26 or under.  In terms of 30 or above we only really have Howson and Morsy.  And Hall but I dont think Hall starts if Fry and Paddy are both fit. A bit more experience probably wont do us any harm in terms of grinding out results. Fully respect some posters might not see it that way mind  
    • It's more because this is the route I want the club to go down sign players with potential not 30 year olds who are passed their peak. That is the case with Smith and hoillet 

×
×
  • Create New...