oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

44 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Derbys potential new owner everybody.

Erik Alonso is apparently the president of WBD Sports Management.

https://www.wbdsports.com/

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

For an agency that works with some of the world's top sports people I'd have thought they'd have more of an online presence...

An article by The Star:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/who-erik-alonso-new-face-comes-help-sheffield-wednesday-and-dejphon-chansiri-3081322

His family have been involved in football clubs since the 1990s. But apparently his involvement with Sheffield Wednesday didn't go all that well. Also had an offer to buy the Owls rejected by Chansiri.

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Brunners said:

God dammit this is some funny stuff. Getting caught in the lie 🙂 

Link Derby released a statement saying how Gibsons bringing extra charges forward. Has delayed the verdict by 6 months this potential has kept Derby up as their points deduction is applied to next season not this 😔

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Link Derby released a statement saying how Gibsons bringing extra charges forward. Has delayed the verdict by 6 months this potential has kept Derby up as their points deduction is applied to next season not this 😔

Here's the relevant quote:

The reason the EFL’s appeal took so long to determine was because of three separate preliminary issues raised by Middlesbrough FC and then the EFL, each of which required hearings and decisions by the LAP, and each of which was dismissed with the Club being successful. Had Middlesbrough and the EFL not brought those preliminary issues the appeal could have been determined in 2020.

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The reason the EFL’s appeal took so long to determine was because of three separate preliminary issues raised by Middlesbrough FC and then the EFL, each of which required hearings and decisions by the LAP, and each of which was dismissed with the Club being successful. Had Middlesbrough and the EFL not brought those preliminary issues the appeal could have been determined in 2020.

:

Surely to goodness they could have heard all the issues at one hearing? To be fair to Gibson, it sounds as though the FL agreed with him, otherwise they could have simply dismissed the issues without hearings.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I once got asked by the EFL to prove that I had the funds to buy a football club so I sent them copies of all of my loan applications.  Bit of football finance satire for you.

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not the best day for Derby

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than-2m-in-breach-of-contract-case-against-derby

They've now lost their appeal against their wrongful dismissal case of Keogh and have to pay him £2.3m lol.

Delighted about this 🙌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't be surprised to hear about Steve Gibson getting admitted to a&e. With everything kicking off with Derby County the poor bloke's requiring medical treatment for a 48 hour erection. #pray4steve

• Haha 1

I’ve now found the detail of Boro’s involvement in the appeal process that has delayed it all. It does look as though there was only one hearing. It seems Gibson was intent on suing Derby when they got into playoffs instead of Boro, on grounds that they fiddled their way in by breaching league rules. So, when the disciplinary commission dismissed the case against Derby over the ground revaluation, Boro sought to appeal that decision and also join in the appeal against the accounting rules that the EFL was instigating.

This meant there had to be an Arbitration Panel sitting to decide this before the League appeal could go ahead. The AP decided that Boro had no standing to either start an appeal re the ground value, or join in the League appeal against the accounting valuation issue. This meant that only the league could issue an appeal, which they did in respect of the accounting issue. However, the appeal by Boro to the Arbitration Panel above was made in early September and decided on 26th October, so it hasn’t really caused much of a delay in the overall case.

not sure whether Boro will try to commence a case against Derby directly now that the League have ruled they did breach regulations. Could get very messy if they do. Given the lack of money at Derby, it may well be futile for Gibson to try to sue. It’s one thing getting compensation, but if it forced Derby into administration, I think Gibson could be making a lot of ill will against himself.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

I’ve now found the detail of Boro’s involvement in the appeal process that has delayed it all. It does look as though there was only one hearing. It seems Gibson was intent on suing Derby when they got into playoffs instead of Boro, on grounds that they fiddled their way in by breaching league rules. So, when the disciplinary commission dismissed the case against Derby over the ground revaluation, Boro sought to appeal that decision and also join in the appeal against the accounting rules that the EFL was instigating.

This meant there had to be an Arbitration Panel sitting to decide this before the League appeal could go ahead. The AP decided that Boro had no standing to either start an appeal re the ground value, or join in the League appeal against the accounting valuation issue. This meant that only the league could issue an appeal, which they did in respect of the accounting issue. However, the appeal by Boro to the Arbitration Panel above was made in early September and decided on 26th October, so it hasn’t really caused much of a delay in the overall case.

not sure whether Boro will try to commence a case against Derby directly now that the League have ruled they did breach regulations. Could get very messy if they do. Given the lack of money at Derby, it may well be futile for Gibson to try to sue. It’s one thing getting compensation, but if it forced Derby into administration, I think Gibson could be making a lot of ill will against himself.

How could we appeal the failed decision or join the second appeal?  It's the EFL's rules and the EFL are the governing body.  We could have tried to sue Derby, I guess in a similar way that Sheff Utd did to West Ham, but I don't see how we could appeal a judgement that we weren't involved in or appeal against another judgement that doesn't really have anything to do with us?  Not surprised the panel turned both down.

The delays though are nonsense either way.  I just think there is no time limit so they take as much time as they want to essentially.  

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

How could we appeal the failed decision or join the second appeal?  It's the EFL's rules and the EFL are the governing body.  We could have tried to sue Derby, I guess in a similar way that Sheff Utd did to West Ham, but I don't see how we could appeal a judgement that we weren't involved in or appeal against another judgement that doesn't really have anything to do with us?  Not surprised the panel turned both down.

The delays though are nonsense either way.  I just think there is no time limit so they take as much time as they want to essentially.  

Surely it would be the EFL that Boro would be suing? The issue being that they allowed Derby to cook the books and didn’t act until Gibson threatened to sue?

18 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Surely it would be the EFL that Boro would be suing? The issue being that they allowed Derby to cook the books and didn’t act until Gibson threatened to sue?

I think it's more difficult to sue the league than the individual club but I'm not entirely sure about that.