oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Isn't Bamford the second highest scorer of our Riverside tenure plus it was his goals that got Pulis in the Play Offs before he was snubbed for not being "Aaaard" enough when he got concussed. If he could score goals in a Pulis team he can score goals anywhere and certainly more than Gestede, Britt, Fletcher or Akpom.

He certainly was - got a grand total of 17 in the 2014-15 season.

But don't forget he was playing in a team with Leadbitter, Kike, Reach and Adomah, among others. Worse manager but better team. Think Woody was still playing for us at that stage.

I still maintain he'd not have got anywhere near that the last couple of seasons. Who knows - he may have been frozen out like Britt, Fletcher and Akpom...not considered a "proper" striker...

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

But don't forget he was playing in a team with Leadbitter, Kike, Reach and Adomah, among others. Worse manager but better team. Think Woody was still playing for us at that stage.

I still maintain he'd not have got anywhere near that the last couple of seasons. Who knows - he may have been frozen out like Britt, Fletcher and Akpom...not considered a "proper" striker...

I re read this a few times and I don't know what you mean by worse manager? Do you mean karanka was a worse manager than Warnock?!

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I re read this a few times and I don't know what you mean by worse manager? Do you mean karanka was a worse manager than Warnock?!

Nonono...of course not.

Bamford also played under Pulis (only got 10 goals that season).

30 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Karanka didn't exactly let loose with his strikers at the time either although he did expect them to cut in from wide areas and create their own opportunities. These days Watmore puts me a little in mind of Bamford, i.e. not a lumbering neanderthal. Bottom line is hitting the target is a good place to start for a striker, something which since Bamford left we seem to have a succession of problems with.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He didn’t deposit the necessary funds to prove to his finances.

But he sent a picture of a lovely house 🏡 

Surely that counts for something 🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

But he sent a picture of a lovely house 🏡 

Surely that counts for something 🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣

Yes but had he bought the house from himself?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Yes but had he bought the house from himself?

I hope so.... that’s the Derby way..... 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Things going from bad to worse at Derby, Erik Alonso's takeover is off

spacer.png

Surely that's bad to better. Alonso seemed like a true hack.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

From what I've read, Derby are absolutely hanging on by a thread financially and are in desperate need of a takeover

Not that desperate though I think.

If we all have a whip-round perhaps Oneboro could put a bid in to buy them, the price must have fallen through the floorboards by now? £47.37 and a 1970 Triumph Herald with a seized water pump might clinch the deal? Heck we could even post pictures of someone else's Triumph Herald if the EFL became suspicious.

We could structure the deal around the rental income we get from the Derby Multifunction Arena (that isn't built yet) and ask for sponsorship for the dome that Mel was going to erect instead of sponsoring their non playing Manager. It may need a bit of creative accountancy but that in itself is unlikely to raise any concerns with the Derby faithful or indeed the EFl, well at least not for a few seasons. 

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He didn’t deposit the necessary funds to prove to his finances.

Poor fella - his Euromillions numbers obviously didn't come up.

• Haha 1