• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

13 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

UEFA have scrapped the away goals rule which I agree with. I always felt it suited the home team in the 1st leg as a clean sheet was essentially a goal head start in the 2nd leg. 

It'll certainly be interesting to see how it pans out. There is going to be a lot more extra time for sure, but hopefully it'll stop away teams from playing porcupine football as soon as they get a goal.

14 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

UEFA have scrapped the away goals rule which I agree with. I always felt it suited the home team in the 1st leg as a clean sheet was essentially a goal head start in the 2nd leg. 

Yeah i never really liked the away goal. It's too big an advantage - almost like two goals for the price of one.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

One of the daftest rules in football, score the same number of goals on aggregate and your out because the opposition scored more goals at your place bloody stupid rule. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

One of the daftest rules in football, score the same number of goals on aggregate and your out because the opposition scored more goals at your place bloody stupid rule. 

6 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Yeah i never really liked the away goal. It's too big an advantage - almost like two goals for the price of one.

We were benefactors of that rule, I certainly liked it in 2006 with Stuttgart and Roma!

• Like 1

it is a complicatedand strange rule to have been put in place to begin with. but two areas that ive noticed that regularly get abused and need looking into are the corner kick placement of the ball overhanging or worse still ,outside the quadrant , maybe extend the perimeters of the quadrant or remove the ccorner flags would be an idea. 

also another area is keepers kicking the ball (from thier hands) and actual contact made outside the box, why is this never pulled up on. and while were on about keepers, can anyone ever recall a keeper being bbooked for time wasting then sent off for a repeat line of offence. 

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

We were benefactors of that rule, I certainly liked it in 2006 with Stuttgart and Roma!

Guess it made Steaua more entertaining as well! But seen as how they're only scrapping it in the present/future, I dont think it'll affect us too much!

On 6/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, Rioch's Braves said:

I agree, logically its a daft rule, but wasn't it introduced because away teams often just parked the bus? With the incentive of away goals counting more, it made for more open games.

Whats to stop things reverting to how they were before the rule was introduced?

10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Bournemouth have confirmed they won’t renew Woodgates contract. 

Not that he actually did anything remarkable there, but he's probably helped his reputation with his brief stint.

In the broadest sense, he made the play-offs and lost because of a daft red card.

That the play-offs was the least Bournemouth should have got with their squad and the fact they threw away a 2 goal lead to lose, probably won't put off a smaller club.

He'll be back, and I wish him well from this point on.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Bournemouth have confirmed they won’t renew Woodgates contract. 

That's their loss he has been trained to the highest coaching standards at the Boro, should Southgate not decide to carry on as England manager after 2022 then Woodgate fits the brief with his managerial achievements.  

• Haha 1