oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Billy Gilmour has signed for Norwich on loan.

Personally, I don't see the hype, think he's pretty overrated. One good game against England and the fact he's a Chelsea player and....that's about it?

Am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Personally, I don't see the hype, think he's pretty overrated. One good game against England and the fact he's a Chelsea player and....that's about it?

Am I missing something?

I mean he's been in and around the first team squad since 17 - they kept him around instead of loaning him to a championship club for a reason, has won their youth player of the year award, is a full international at a young age and yes, had a good showing at a major tournament.

It's not like it's a big team signing him, it's a team that just got promoted . Conor Gallagher did something similar last year and there wasn't much said about that. 

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Am I missing something?

When he first came into the Chelsea side he looked like he fit right in already, I don't think it's the England game that's really drove the interest. I seem to remember him coming in for an FA Cup game, looking it up it was against Liverpool where he won man of the match. He just looked completely unfazed about playing against a top side. I think a Prem loan move is exactly what he needs so hopefully Norwich actually play him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51728140

11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

They can still do them if their accounts don't meet the FFP requirements of course, and I imagine that the EFL will be eager to do so.

Yeah that’s the conclusion I think most people came to. Let’s see what happens regarding their accounts and a potential points deduction. 

22 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Am I missing something?

Sounds like just the kind of signing Norwich would make. Not a big name player, but one they feel will fit in their team.

I bet lots of people said, "Teemu who?" when they signed Pukki.

4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Sounds like just the kind of signing Norwich would make. Not a big name player, but one they feel will fit in their team.

I bet lots of people said, "Teemu who?" when they signed Pukki.

And rightly so as he was pretty poor. I still can’t fathom the succes he has had in England. Must be the level of football🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Derby County avoid relegation to League One after the EFL decides they're unlikely to win an appeal:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701348

So their sole punishment is literally a 100k fine, that's absolute bullshit.

As CT says, it's not quite true. Derby still need to submit their accounts again and the EFL can press new charges, so you could see a points deduction this season still.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

And rightly so as he was pretty poor. I still can’t fathom the succes he has had in England. Must be the level of football🤷‍♂️

I put it down to the club doing their homework and knowing who will fit in with their squad and style of play.

Brazil v Argentina is the Copa America final, very tasty.

Just a shame it's very early morning here when it kicks off.

Hope Messi finally gets that illusive international trophy.

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Brazil v Argentina is the Copa America final, very tasty.

Just a shame it's very early morning here when it kicks off.

Hope Messi finally gets that illusive international trophy.

I kinda hope he doesn't