Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1337

  • Borodane

    1276

  • Brunners

    1169

  • wilsoncgp

    983

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We can't, can we?  Hasn't it been claimed that the stadium design doesn't allow for it cos of the rake/slope?

Won't contradict you, as I don't know, but I'd never heard that.

Definitely wouldn't seem like the case from the few occasions when I was in the lower stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Won't contradict you, as I don't know, but I'd never heard that.

Definitely wouldn't seem like the case from the few occasions when I was in the lower stands.

I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall Gibson or someone saying that we wouldn't be putting it in because of this.  It's weird that I've got a memory of this but I can't find anything online about it though so I could be thinking of another stadium somewhere 🤷‍♂️

It would have been a good few years ago, probably before I started posting on here, which was 2013.  May have even been back when we were last in the Premier League for a chunk of time.  Or like I say, I'm imaging it.  I just have this thing of Gibson or the club being set against it, and that was the reason given.  Like I say, weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I could be imagining it, but I seem to recall Gibson or someone saying that we wouldn't be putting it in because of this.  It's weird that I've got a memory of this but I can't find anything online about it though so I could be thinking of another stadium somewhere 🤷‍♂️

It would have been a good few years ago, probably before I started posting on here, which was 2013.  May have even been back when we were last in the Premier League for a chunk of time.  Or like I say, I'm imaging it.  I just have this thing of Gibson or the club being set against it, and that was the reason given.  Like I say, weird.

No I'm pretty sure you're right, the design of our stands means it's not safe to implement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with less than two weeks until their opening Championship fixture, Derby County have made 0 signings, have no senior CBs on a deal with the club, have had no more news about their proposed takeover, have a senior squad of about 12 players, are under a transfer embargo and are still waiting to submit 3 accounts to the EFL.

If they don't get relegated this season I will be absolutely STUNNED.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So, with less than two weeks until their opening Championship fixture, Derby County have made 0 signings, have no senior CBs on a deal with the club, have had no more news about their proposed takeover, have a senior squad of about 12 players, are under a transfer embargo and are still waiting to submit 3 accounts to the EFL.

If they don't get relegated this season I will be absolutely STUNNED.

 

Rooney has come out recently and basically said exactly that. "we need to sign some players or we can't even field a team for the first game"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Rooney has come out recently and basically said exactly that. "we need to sign some players or we can't even field a team for the first game"

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

Fulhams squad ON PAPER is pretty spooky. It looks like they haven't had a particularly busy pre season so hopefully we can catch them cold in the opening fixture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

Would not want Wood at Derby. That place is a circus and is no place for his development.
 

Rather he went to a team who was chasing promotion out of league 1 than somewhere like Derby. Somewhere like Rotherham would be ideal for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Fulhams squad ON PAPER is pretty spooky. It looks like they haven't had a particularly busy pre season so hopefully we can catch them cold in the opening fixture.

I don't think they need to improve their squad much, if at all to be honest.

They drew their last pre-season game against a strong Southampton side, this was the team they put out by the looks of it:

Fabri
Tete Mawson Ream Robinson
Francois Onomah
Knockaert Carvalho Kebano
Mitrovic

Out of the subs that came on, Christie, Adarabioyo, Bryan, Seri, Anguissa, Kamara... there's quite a few players just amongst those 17 that would improve our squad even if not the first team. Add Gazzaniga and especially Wilson to the mix and they look really dangerous. Mitrovic has once again surely got to be right up there as top scorer again.

Think it's going to be a very tough night for us, first proper game back in the Cottage for the fans, good new manager with a quality squad of players. Only downside really is their new stand probably won't be ready for the new season yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Could be an ideal place for Nathan Woods to go on loan, virtually guaranteed a start each week and at a decent level. Even if it meant we covered his wages to keep Derby onside it would be worth it in terms of his development. The worst case is he bosses their defence and keeps them up but we have a real gem.

Conversely going back to Fulham, if they are starting to play FFP games already I can only guess if they don't go straight back up they could be doing a Stoke and enjoying an extended Premiership vacation.

I dunno if we would loan a player to Derby right now.  Not exactly Gibson's favourite club, are they? 🙂

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always a team that look dead and buried before the season even starts, and it's usually the same story, that they have a handful of first team players, a few kids, and a couple of old fellas doing keepy ups in the park who looked handy.

They will get signings in, by hook or (more accurately) by crook. They'll probably still get relegated, mind.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • I think United have been trying to use Henderson when they can since Sheffield United last loaned him, don't think there was a plan for him to be loaned out.
    • Ah i see. I thought he was bought in as it was anticipated Henderson might be loaned out. They still got Lee Grant i think who 4th choice there. 
    • Hartlepool, Harrogate, Newcastle or Leeds please. (Away)  
    • words rarely seen in same sentence.            Joey Barton is innocent..  or not guilty. Obviously Barnsley manager dived despite testimony of eyewitness 
    • It’s clear Wilder plans on a long term stay at Boro. He has a “free hit” this season, as expectations are not sky high. We have limited money available and moving players on may not be easy as supposedly we pay more that a lot of clubs (maybe to get players to the north-east?). All of the above suggests to me, he will only sign players in January who are exactly what he wants and that if he can’t find them he will be prepared to wait until the summer rather than settle for something second best. That being the case we might not see as much movement as is hoped. The departures might be limited to those who definitely can’t  fit into the style and those with longer term contracts where we might as well take the hit now as later, but in each case only where we can find the right replacement and we get the right saving (either in transfer fee or in cutting wage bill). Incomings might be one or two permanents, plus loans from Premier League where we have no long term commitment or huge cost In terms of possible departures, Hall fits into the first category and if we can’t find an experienced replacement, Wilder might be planning to use Wood to give him experience and see if he can step up. Uche fits into both categories and if we can get some of our money back, I think he will be on the road. With Hernandez and JLS, it depends on whether there are any recall clauses allowing us to end the loan in January. I would doubt it - and both can do as squad members until end of season, so I am a bit doubtful they will be on the way. Stoj ends his contract at the end of the season and he may be able to find another club to take on his wages. If he does, then maybe one of Hemmings or Brynn will be recalled as third keeper. In terms of quality I think they would be fine, although in many ways they would be better getting first team experience where they are. Although I am not a fan of either Daniels or Lumley, again I think our wage commitment to them may prevent either leaving - unless we can and want to loan an equivalent of Dean Henderson ( as he was when SU loaned him). If Wilder can get his ball playing centre half, then Dijksteel can cover RWB and I would leave Spence to get the experience at Forest. yes, it helps them, but it may be beneficial in long term either in his development and attitude or in raising his value. So for me, OUT - Hall, Uche, Stoj and Browne and Coburn on loan. IN - good centre half and a couple of forwards, maybe one on loan. Also either Taylor or another left back for the rest of the season. Any other incomings only where we get a bargain or cut out other clubs ( e.g. where a player will be out of contract in summer and we would end up in a bidding war)

×
×
  • Create New...