• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

He might find it more difficult than he was anticipating, I would be surprised if he gets into the top two and unless his defensive strategies have improved vastly, I think they might not even make the play-offs. They can't rely on Billy Sharp to score consistently any more and if I had to choose which one of the three relegated clubs was likeliest to not bounce back straight away, It would be Sheff Utd

He went full Steve McClaren tonight putting all 4 of their very talented strikers on the pitch by the end. Think those guys alone make me think once they get going they'll be banging in the goals. Though they surely can't survive a season with Ben Osborn as a left back. Wonder where Enda Stevens was tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how Fulham do tomorrow night though. Their squad on paper looks the best all round. West Brom looked very impressive in their opener too. 

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He went full Steve McClaren tonight putting all 4 of their very talented strikers on the pitch by the end. Think those guys alone make me think once they get going they'll be banging in the goals. Though they surely can't survive a season with Ben Osborn as a left back. Wonder where Enda Stevens was tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how Fulham do tomorrow night though. Their squad on paper looks the best all round. West Brom looked very impressive in their opener too. 

They have the talent, but his main thing is going to be rebuilding their confidence. The number of times they let people carry the ball right down the pitch last year was their downfall and it will be interesting to see how he tries to change that, I appreciate that the quality of players they will be facing is a lot lower but I thought that they would begin to start scoring last season and it didn't happen. Would rather see them do well than Fulham or WBA but they might surprise me and turn things around. He needs to make them be up for a scrap and if he can do that then he is halfway there  

• Like 1

Anyone see that Ipswich have signed Ed Sheeran? 😁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-58121177

In other news it looks like Lionel Messi has decided to forgo a salary cut at Barca and is in talks to join the frugal, low-spending Paris St-Germain...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58128763

Elsewhere on the continent the Mourinho circus continues, with the Special One managing to get sent off as his team lost a friendly match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58135543

Edited by AnglianRed
43 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Elsewhere on the continent the Mourinho circus continues, with the Special One managing to get sent off as his team lost a friendly match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58135543

Along with 3 of his players! Apparently over a handballed goal? Insane. Preseason friendly, who gives that much of a crap during a game like that? He's probably only riled his players up even more by getting himself involved too.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, newyddion said:

So.. if Messi joins PSG 

What shirt number does he wear?

Do the club end up doing a switcheroo to accommodate him or does he wear the number 25 or 37 something like that?

Can you do us all a shirt number XI and then we can try and decide 🙃

Just now, newyddion said:

Do you not think that it could be a big deal? 

I would say it's Afghanistan first, and then Messi's shirt number second probably, in terms of global importance.  It does pip Covid, the Arab/Israeli conflict, Greek wildfires etc though 😉

I don't even care what shirt numbers our players wear to be honest so it's not really something I'd consider to be important.  It seems more important to me that he's jacking it in with Barca now that they can't pay him what he wants.  If he was that bothered about his time there then he'd be playing for them again this season.  Must have earned over a billion quid now in his career.  Sad that it's still about the money really.

• Like 3