oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I think his last few performances have been well below par. I know he’s been instructed (or more likely given the freedom) to go roaming for the ball. His goal was taken well his misses were woeful. He’sa great striker but needs to stay in that forward line imo. 

That works well for him at spurs, but only because of son, who plays pretty much as a striker on the shoulder of the defence. England don't have anyone who plays like that (sterling could, but he doesn't) so it's not as effective. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Nice to see them to see them take action on Forsyth for the incident.

Interestingly what has annoyed most Derby fans about the ban is a "boro player didn't get one" - I didn't watch the Derby game so not sure if there was a similar incident?

10 hours ago, Brunners said:

Interestingly what has annoyed most Derby fans about the ban is a "boro player didn't get one" - I didn't watch the Derby game so not sure if there was a similar incident?

I think they're referring to the time that Jagielka ran into big Uche and bounced off with a busted face. The man is hewn from granite, I tells ya, but they're thinking it was an elbow.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Payero said:

Mate Reckons derby are royally screwed, administration is a real possibility the cash flow has totally dried up. 

Don’t want to see a club go to the wall. That’s someone’s football club.
Get them relegated with a massive points deduction by all means, as long as their fans can watch them struggle at the bottom of League 1, then it’s all good 👍🏻 

19 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Don’t want to see a club go to the wall. That’s someone’s football club.
Get them relegated with a massive points deduction by all means, as long as their fans can watch them struggle at the bottom of League 1, then it’s all good 👍🏻 

Tbf a large proportion of Derby fans actually want to the club to go into administration, means they can start again in League 1 and get shot of Mel Morris.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Tbf a large proportion of Derby fans actually want to the club to go into administration, means they can start again in League 1 and get shot of Mel Morris.

I mean that is surely banking on someone else buying them like, surely they're equally as likely to suffer the same *** fate as Bury?

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I mean that is surely banking on someone else buying them like, surely they're equally as likely to suffer the same *** fate as Bury?

They seem to think that free of debts they'll be much more attractive to prospective buyers

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

They seem to think that free of debts they'll be much more attractive to prospective buyers

Fingers crossed because I agree with Humpty (shock horror), never like to see a club go bust.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Fingers crossed because I agree with Humpty (shock horror), never like to see a club go bust.

I agree. I don't want to see Derby go bust, i'd just like to see them stuck in League One for a few seasons, like Sunderland

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I agree. I don't want to see Derby go bust, i'd just like to see them stuck in League One for a few seasons, like Sunderland

Who look like they've finally started to "get it right" and might well be back on their way up, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Who look like they've finally started to "get it right" and might well be back on their way up, sadly.

They started their first two seasons in League One like that too, to be fair.

It might come crashing down again this time as well.

We live in hope.

Yeah I think this could finally be the year Sunderland go up, that being said there's some crazy strong teams in League 1 at the moment.

Sunderland, Sheffield Wed, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham and Ipswich who have splashed the cash. Those automatic places will be really tight.

14 hours ago, BoroJake said:

I think most of the england players play worse for country than club

In a way its not that surprising, as they spend a lot more time with their clubs than their international team mates...who they are usually trying to beat.

Thought the 1st half was absolute dross...I did actually fall asleep after half an hour or so. Woke up midway through the half time break. IIRC the commentators said there were no shots on target in the first 45.

Maybe its effective "game management" but bloody hell it ain't entertaining, thats for sure.

Just happy England looked a different team second half. Think at least 2 of our goals were down to dodgy keeping...but I'm not complaining. We showed intent and attacking flair and took most of our chances...though as has been pointed out we could have had 2 or 3 more.

Even happier we thumped Hungary in front of their disgusting fans.

Am I the only one that thinks its stupid that a country can be banned from having fans at games by one governing body, only to be allowed by another? This really needs to change, otherwise its like the rest of these stupid "sanctions" that have no effect whatsoever.

Looking forward to seeing what our "second XI" can do against Andorra.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Yeah I think this could finally be the year Sunderland go up, that being said there's some crazy strong teams in League 1 at the moment.

Sunderland, Sheffield Wed, Portsmouth, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham and Ipswich who have splashed the cash. Those automatic places will be really tight.

Ipswich need to really pick it up haha the rest of those teams I think have all started really well and there's Ipswich near the bottom.