oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

0 subs again. I know it isn’t a popular opinion, but I really don’t rate southgate, I really think he would get found out at club level. Think he’s been carried by how good the individual players are

• Like 2
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

They have been pushing for a second that’s why the have kept on getting countered. You can’t call 1 minute of not being able to win the ball camping in their own half 

Dunno what game you were watching, but what I saw was a team trying to see the game out in stoppage time.

Poland had the upper hand and were pressuring us in the closing minutes.

We didn't sit back as soon as we took the lead, but we definitely got more defensive minded as the clock ticked down.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Seen it coming… I did ask who was the smarter, who wanted it more.. GS caught sleeping… 

A change in our forward line could have prevented it..  

Again trying to see a game out, instead of making some changes, bringing fresh legs on and impetus into our game.

The one worry i have with this England team is we generally are solid and efficient in closing out 1-0 wins when we have the players capable of scoring more. Like today and against Italy sitting back has cost us wins. Still i think come the world Cup i think we stand a very good chance of going far assuming the weather conditions don't play a major impact.

On balance a draw is probably a fair result and doesn't really hurt our qualification progress, but its still a bit of a kick in the teeth. Again we let the opposition get on top of us (this time in the closing minutes) got defensively sloppy and were punished for it.

Why Southgate didn't make some subs I wish I knew.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Dunno what game you were watching, but what I saw was a team trying to see the game out in stoppage time.

Poland had the upper hand and were pressuring us in the closing minutes.

Sure we didn't sit back as soon as we took the lead, but we definitely got more defensive minded as the clock ticked down.

Pretty much every team in the world gets more defensive minded in the 90th minute when 1-0 up. We were up their end of in the pitch a minute or two earlier doing back heels. I think we definitely must have been watching a different game😂

Just now, BoroJake said:

0 subs again. I know it isn’t a popular opinion, but I really don’t rate southgate, I really think he would get found out at club level. Think he’s been carried by how good the individual players are

Its GS that’s holding back a fantastic group of players..they are making him look far better then he is—- let’s face it GS would not get a role at any Premier club… 

One thing to point out, Poland score off a header something we seem reluctant to do other then set pieces 

Poland made changes to influence the game, GS sat and hoped to see the game out… 

At least we didn’t loose though… 

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Pretty much every team in the world gets more defensive minded in the 90th minute when 1-0 up. We were up their end of in the pitch a minute or two earlier doing back heels. I think we definitely must have been watching a different game😂

i think half our team wanted to push for a second and the other half wanted to camp out on our 18 yard line

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I worry that he seems to make the same mistakes over and over. Or at least that whatever he's coaching the players to do is resulting in similar problems occurring. A good manager should learn from previous matches.

Agree the lack of subs (again) is perplexing and annoying. Can't believe he doesn't trust the squad players to do the business for 15-20 minutes against Poland.

9 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Well I think England are doing a pretty good job of proving its not a sound tactic unless you have a rock solid defence. 😉 Yes our defence coped pretty well, but they had to work pretty hard this game and were going to be a bit knackered by the 90th minute. 

Not a great time to heap pressure on them.

With 4 minutes of stoppage time to negotiate, I'd have rather seen us playing keep-ball up their end of the field. But I guess the lack of subs put paid to that...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

The one worry i have with this England team is we generally are solid and efficient in closing out 1-0 wins when we have the players capable of scoring more. Like today and against Italy sitting back has cost us wins. Still i think come the world Cup i think we stand a very good chance of going far assuming the weather conditions don't play a major impact.

Apart from the qualifications it’s knock out and we don’t seen to be able to grasp only the winner progresses. 
The issue we have always had, we go out not to loose. 
Take today what did we learn about the team we didn’t know, what did we learn about the bench, nothing and that is the point I am making about GS.. Fresh legs darting about with quick passing would have kept Poland penned in.. 

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Did you know the Polish last name donates where they come from with SKY meaning FROM? Almost all Female name end with an A. 
OK useless but interesting 

BOROSKI 

would that make you the South Bankski..  now we know who is responsible for all the    errr  street art there 🙂

• Haha 1

Said it for years we will never win anything under Southgate. Our achievements so far are down to individual quality not him.

Against Croatia and Italy he has made the same mistakes. We score, sit back, lose the midfield and the momentum totally swings for the opposition. He’ll never learn it’s very clear to see, bang average manager who wouldn’t get a job in the premier league. 

• Like 1