oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

would that make you the South Bankski..  now we know who is responsible for all the    errr  street art there 🙂

Born and bred in South Bank and proud of it… I left as a young teenager but I have very good memories of the community togetherness.. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Said it for years we will never win anything under Southgate. Our achievements so far are down to individual quality not him.

Against Croatia and Italy he has made the same mistakes. We score, sit back, lose the midfield and the momentum totally swings for the opposition. He’ll never learn it’s very clear to see, bang average manager who wouldn’t get a job in the premier league. 

Well I posted the same and I think it’s a common talk on the street… 

Southgate is statistically the best England manager in 55 years, that is a fact.

We will be at Qatar 2022 and this draw has only reinforced that.

Shame we didn't win, but the ref was s a homer and we switched off.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Southgate is statistically the best England manager in 55 years, that is a fact.

Make no mistake that’s a poor Poland side, watched all their games in the summer and was never remotely impressed.

I have 0 confidence in Southgate winning a tournament as he’s made the same mistake in both of the 2 huge games we’ve had. Once is fine if you learn from it and don’t repeat it, clearly he isn’t capable of that as he continues to show. 

19 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Make no mistake that’s a poor Poland side, watched all their games in the summer and was never remotely impressed.

I have 0 confidence in Southgate winning a tournament as he’s made the same mistake in both of the 2 huge games we’ve had. Once is fine if you learn from it and don’t repeat it, clearly he isn’t capable of that as he continues to show. 

Absolutely bizarre to suggest Southgate has only been England manager for two huge games  

50 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Apart from the qualifications it’s knock out and we don’t seen to be able to grasp only the winner progresses. 
The issue we have always had, we go out not to loose. 
Take today what did we learn about the team we didn’t know, what did we learn about the bench, nothing and that is the point I am making about GS.. Fresh legs darting about with quick passing would have kept Poland penned in.. 

don’t forget that he’s WOKE 

9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

With 4 minutes of stoppage time to negotiate, I'd have rather seen us playing keep-ball up their end of the field. But I guess the lack of subs put paid to that...

I think every team would but it's a lot easier to write than to actually practise in a match. Still it's a bit telling that Poland made 5 subs, England 0 and it's Poland who get the goal in added time. Weird to not make any subs after 3 games in 7 days. Arrogance or inexperience from GS?

• Like 2
9 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

don’t forget that he’s WOKE 

Agree and I wonder if the energy spent advertising the fact is having an adverse affect and putting unnecessary pressure on the team.I am not convinced the gesture is welcomed by the majority so do you really need to antagonise a large group of supporters. I wonder when players enter the stadium to perform the gesture what really is on the minds of individual players, the game or the reaction. 

Regardless the analysis is about GS ability to manage the best largest squad of talented players England has ever had at its disposal. Italy were on the last legs buckling and GS had a bench of full of nimble young lads raring to put them to the sword, nothing, he just sat frowning, waiting. GS choked in two major games. 
Poland was the same but take most games and unlike other managers he can’t read the field of play, he can’t or won’t change to affect the outcome. He doesn’t express himself and it’s almost he wants to maintain a composure of the nice man he portrays, or he freezes under pressure.. 

England record on paper is admirable but one could agree accumulated playing the weaker teams and it’s not reaped the rewards this team is capable of achieving, or expected for want of a better a word. England are top of there group so doing better then alright but not because of GS. This is the group stage and it’s about qualification but he or we learned nothing about the team or bench for the knockout stage. 
 Ironically, not the first half, but I enjoyed the game because England were mature, contained and controlled a very animated Poland.  I can’t  say the same about many during either the WC or Euro. My preference is passion, determination to go out to try and win, not hold back trying not loose. Not gun hoe, that would be stupid and counter productive, but giving it all then the result is irrelevant if you know that was the best of the best.  

Edited by sanddancer
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think every team would but it's a lot easier to write than to actually practise in a match. Still it's a bit telling that Poland made 5 subs, England 0 and it's Poland who get the goal in added time. Weird to not make any subs after 3 games in 7 days. Arrogance or inexperience from GS?

Take your pick. Attitude, arrogance or incompetence.

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Agree with most of this.

But historically England have been pretty good at qualifying for tournaments. Under Southgate we've even become good at getting to the business end of them.

The only question marks are his ability to make those crucial decisions that affect the outcome of tight games and grabbing games by the scruff of the neck when England are in the ascendancy. 

I think the third crucial factor in last night's game, as others have alluded to, was Southgate's failure to make subs to combat Poland's changes. Or at least give us some fresh legs to keep the ball up their end of the field.

He is undoubtedly the best manager we've had in a long time. But annoyingly he seems to lack that final 10% or so of tactical awareness, insight...whatever you want to call it. Whatever it is, his judgement just seems to go haywire at times.

His reluctance to make substitutions in some games is utterly baffling. Though weirdly in the Euro final it was the reverse...his apparent willingness to let rookies take penalties was equally mystifying.

Whatever it is, its showed itself (and cost England) in a few matches now. 

• Like 2