Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah, they're absolutely ***. Due to EFL rules, once they go into administration they can't be bought for 28 days (in order to allow Supporter groups to make a bid) and for every month they fail to pay their players, they get a 3 point deduction, too.

Not owning their stadium or training ground is something that is seriously going to bite them in the *** and to me, it's just pure karma.

Karma is the truth of it. Pretty sure the fans of DCFC will have had an idea about what was going on but were quite happy to turn the other cheek at the time in the hope that they could wrangle a premiership spot.
And they did not give two hoots about any of the other clubs/fans that were screwed over because of it.
For me they should be relegated now and replaced by Wycombe. Because what happened to Wycombe is the real travesty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1337

  • Borodane

    1276

  • Brunners

    1169

  • wilsoncgp

    983

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, BoroAbroad said:

Karma is the truth of it. Pretty sure the fans of DCFC will have had an idea about what was going on but were quite happy to turn the other cheek at the time in the hope that they could wrangle a premiership spot.
And they did not give two hoots about any of the other clubs/fans that were screwed over because of it.
For me they should be relegated now and replaced by Wycombe. Because what happened to Wycombe is the real travesty.

I don't really know for sure why they would have known any more than us? Plus their owners have been lying to them and I don't think its fair to pin belief of those lies on all of them. In many ways they have to trust their owners are doing right by them. It's not like fans would have had a significant enough say in the matter anyway.

The Wycombe situation is rubbish, absolutely. I wouldn't be averse to having Wycombe back in their place even though logistically I bet that would be a nightmare. Though Wycombe still have a club in League One battling for promotion to the Championship. Even in a best case scenario for Derby right now, that looks like a pipe dream. No stadium, no training ground, likely relegation two seasons running at the least. Wycombe will soon be waving down at them from up high the way things are going.

This isn't really karma for me. Karma for fans going along for that ride isn't potentially losing their club whilst the owners walk away free of any punishment. The fan response was like a couple of levels above gloating about a win on Twitter. The fans didn't choose to do this to Derby, they bought into it but I'd be shocked if any Derby fan had this laid out in plain facts that they would have agreed with the course they were taking. If they knew that failure meant potentially losing their club to the void, I'm pretty sure plenty of them would have wanted to put the handbrakes on before it got to this position.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

They knew fine well the club were cheating to get around FFP regulations and they were perfectly happy not to just go along with it, but to gloat about it as well.

This meme springs to mind:

 

EOgIQKqWoAAyxPU.jpg

So *** 'em, and *** their fans, frankly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ERM i wonder if Rooney would be as honourable as Strachan was regarding payments, lets face it  ERM  he has contributed enormously in thier ERM bank balance deficits and its hardly been ERM touched on,  on top of that he hasnt been any less of a  ERM management calamity than Woodgate. 

Edited by Essuuaitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean maybe they didn't think it would come to it; but any football fan nowadays I think understands the potential consequence for playing the "overspend for promotion" game and failing in these days of FFP.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Essuuaitch said:

i wonder if Rooney would be as honourable as Strachan was regarding payments, lets face it  he has contributed enormously in thier bank balance deficits and its hardly been touched on,  on top of that he hasnt been any less of a management calamity than Woodgate. 

32Red pay his wages, don't they? Or at least a huge chunk of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

ERM i wonder if Rooney would be as honourable as Strachan was regarding payments, lets face it  ERM  he has contributed enormously in thier ERM bank balance deficits and its hardly been ERM touched on,  on top of that he hasnt been any less of a  ERM management calamity than Woodgate. 

He's apparently been covering the entire cost of their away games this season, so fair play to him in my opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

This post from DCFCfans really suggests that Derby are in some serious, serious ***.

Don't forget though the only reason they're in trouble is because of that nasty old Steve Gibson and the EFL...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

This post from DCFCfans really suggests that Derby are in some serious, serious ***.

Would like it to be true but apparently that post is taken from a Nottingham Forest board, so I'd question the accuracy or why a Forest fan would know anything about the inner workings of Derby.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Would like it to be true but apparently that post is taken from a Nottingham Forest board, so I'd question the accuracy or why a Forest fan would know anything about the inner workings of Derby.

Even if it's not true Derby are still basically screwed. Liquidation might be their only option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well derby are certainly not going to get a 66 point penalty. they will probably just get the 12 point penalty due to going into administration. Maybe a few extra points for the accounts leaving them with a small chance of survival. If they get 12 points they are only 9 points off survival. They probably knew they would go into adminstration months ago, so they fought off any penalty with massive delays last season in order to take all the punishment this season instead of going into administration in League 1. A well executed plan.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well derby are certainly not going to get a 66 point penalty. they will probably just get the 12 point penalty due to going into administration. Maybe a few extra points for the accounts leaving them with a small chance of survival. If they get 12 points they are only 9 points off survival. They probably knew they would go into adminstration months ago, so they fought off any penalty with massive delays last season in order to take all the punishment this season instead of going into administration in League 1. A well executed plan.

Maybe, although with Wigan last year the Administration penalty was only applied when they stayed up. Had they been relegated without it the penalty would have been applied this year. The administration penalty also doesn't offset the 9 point agreement they were apparently close to for breaking FFP. So still potentially 21 points, with 12 of them applied when it will affect them most.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...