oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

Kristoffer Ajer has given an interesting insight into Brentfords recruitment. It not all just number and stats but apparently Brentford watched 123 games of Ajer before deciding to buy him. That's some thorough shizzle. I'm sure Warnock could have given a verdict based on 30 seconds though.

Brentford’s recruitment team

image.gif.0719ae7a02240db1fa270ffc2c250c20.gif

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Playing devil's advocate re phoenix clubs, there are different ways of a club rebooting. Are Rangers the same club they were before the newco was formed in 2012? Are we the same club we were before 1986? AFC Wimbledon aren't the same entity they were pre-MK Dons, but everyone still treats them as the old club and references the Crazy Gang et al, even though they weren't AFC at that time.

For what it's worth, I don't want any club to fail. I had no association with Bury but I'm still sad they failed, and I hope Derby don't cease to exist either (though League Two seems a fair destination). My point is that fans can reclaim a club's heritage in a phoenix consortium, or the new club can effectively bridge a dissolution and accept reinstatement in a lower league. It's rarely the case that a club fails and that's it gone forever, though Bury do appear to be the inglorious exception to that rule.

4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It needs to happen. If left unpunished whats to say another club doesn't take's advantage of a weak EFL in the same way?

Fully agree, I think it’s important to remember they have been cheating for years and administration isn’t a punishment for that cheating.

They deliberately changed the amortising of players to avoid penalties. Messed about with the submission of accounts and avoided relegation by threatening to take the EFL to court over FFP.

Any that’s before the dodgy asset sale to himself and a third party paying wages.

Derby gambled that they could cheat and get promoted like Bournemouth and QPR did. 

It didn’t happen and they were caught with their pants down.

If the EFL don’t push through with punishing them it shows them as impotent and makes a mockery out of the teams that try to do things right.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This has nothing to do with the EFL. This is us suing a club that's already in Administration.

I wonder if he'll drop the case if they actually get points deducted for the breaches, and this is just a pressure tactic to make sure they go through with it, or if he's seriously looking to completely destroy Derby..

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I wonder if he'll drop the case if they actually get points deducted for the breaches, and this is just a pressure tactic to make sure they go through with it, or if he's seriously looking to completely destroy Derby..

If I recall correctly Derby got into the playoffs instead of us during one of these seasons. I wonder if Gibson believes that they potentially cost us 100’s of millions by cheating.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

They'll have to get points deducted for the EFL breaches, there's no need for Gibson to pressure them to do it. No way do the EFL drop that.

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

If I recall correctly Derby got into the playoffs instead of us during one of these seasons. I wonder if Gibson believes that they potentially cost us 100’s of millions by cheating.

I think that is a big part of it yes. IIRC it was the season we finished 7th, and we missed the playoffs by like a point or something.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

They'll have to get points deducted for the EFL breaches, there's no need for Gibson to pressure them to do it. No way do the EFL drop that.

He had to pressure them to investigate in the first place, so maybe he's just being extra sure...

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sets a dangerous precedent that though, doesn't it?

Surely the precedent that is set is that "if you're found to be cheating, those you cheated can sue you" not entirely sure how dangerous or not that is really.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Going in to League One is not the end of the world, and I'd say it's what Derby deserves after what's went on in recent years.

But it would be absolutely devastating to end up with a phoenix club and it's not something I'd wish on anyone.

Not even Sunderland.

Your continuity with over a century's worth of football and history would be gone, their titles gone, their link to the past, presumably even their name would have to go.

Wimbledon are a special circumstance where I'd like to consider them a continuation of the original club, but that's only because of the unique and disgusting events surrounding MK Don's creation.

I want Derby to get their deductions and punishments this season, and then whatever will be will be.

I was desperate for Sheffield Wednesday to go down last season, but now they've been punished and I wouldn't mind whatsoever if they came straight back up this season.

If you saw it as the end of the club then yeah I can see why you'd see it as devastating. I was looking at it more as a new chapter, there's no way Derby wouldn't be reborn and with their fanbase it would only be a matter of time before they were back at this level again. I think it would be a fun journey.