• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So caring for Wycombe and Rotherham (and ourselves for being cheated out of a Play Off spot) over and above Derby is not caring? Carry on name calling or better still get yourself a season card for Pride Park if you feel that emotional and supportive for their current plight.

Why would I get a season card for Pride Park?  I'm a Boro fan.  I didn't get a season card for Bolton or Wigan or any of the other clubs that have been shafted by an owner either.

3 hours ago, Old Codger said:

feeling empathy for suffering is not wrong..  but it is best given to the more innocent parties

Derby fans are innocent parties, and who I have empathy for here.  But let's play a game.  You and RR were obviously both around when we nearly went out of business.  So, based on your logic, the two of you have to take some responsibility for what Charlie Amer was doing in the run up to that yeah?  So what I want to know is, which one of you decided to waste all of that money on the sports hall? 🙂

The two of you were no more responsible for Boro's situation then than Derby fans are for theirs now, and any suggestion otherwise is bloody stupid.  That's where my empathy lies, as it did with Bury fans, Bolton fans, Wigan fans, and anyone else who has found their club shafted by a bad owner.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Derby fans are innocent parties, and who I have empathy for here.  But let's play a game.  You and RR were obviously both around when we nearly went out of business.  So, based on your logic, the two of you have to take some responsibility for what Charlie Amer was doing in the run up to that yeah?  So what I want to know is, which one of you decided to waste all of that money on the sports hall? 🙂

The two of you were no more responsible for Boro's situation then than Derby fans are for theirs now, and any suggestion otherwise is bloody stupid.  That's where my empathy lies, as it did with Bury fans, Bolton fans, Wigan fans, and anyone else who has found their club shafted by a bad owner.

I despised Amer and stopped going along with many others at the time so yes I do accept my part for Boro's downfall but continuing ploughing my hard earned cash into the Club would have just been supporting something that I strongly disagreed with and became disenfranchised with. Strangely I didn't blame other Clubs owners for the Sports Hall.

7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I despised Amer and stopped going along with many others at the time so yes I do accept my part for Boro's downfall but continuing ploughing my hard earned cash into the Club would have just been supporting something that I strongly disagreed with and became disenfranchised with. Strangely I didn't blame other Clubs owners for the Sports Hall.

Part-timer then.  Thanks for trying to destroy my football club before I even had the chance to start supporting them 🤦‍♂️😭

I'm sure you don't blame other club's owners for the sports hall but I was asking if you blame yourself for it, as you seem to blaming Derby fans for things their owner did.

From reading this, are you saying that your lack of empathy for Derby fans is because some of their fans said nasty things about Gibson? 

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Part-timer then.  Thanks for trying to destroy my football club before I even had the chance to start supporting them 🤦‍♂️😭

I'm sure you don't blame other club's owners for the sports hall but I was asking if you blame yourself for it, as you seem to blaming Derby fans for things their owner did.

From reading this, are you saying that your lack of empathy for Derby fans is because some of their fans said nasty things about Gibson? 

Perhaps if I hadn't destroyed your football club you wouldn't have one to watch at all or certainly one that brought a Trophy and European football nights. Fans don't have to be accepting of all things regarding their Club, if we were, Pulis and Woodgate would like as not still be stood on the touchline..

My lack of empathy comes from their fans regaling in their owners behaviour, that's fine, they enjoyed it but now that it has bit them on the backside they have to take it on the chin it really is that simple. Wycombe fans just as one example were innocent collateral victims as a result of Derby's behaviour so my sympathy is more with them. I don't want Derby to go bust or indeed any Club but I won't lose any sleep over the state they now find themselves in. If it wasn't for the person they said and still are saying nasty things about we wouldn't have Football Club at all.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Perhaps if I hadn't destroyed your football club you wouldn't have one to watch at all or certainly one that brought a Trophy and European football nights. Fans don't have to be accepting of all things regarding their Club, if we were, Pulis and Woodgate would like as not still be stood on the touchline..

My lack of empathy comes from their fans regaling in their owners behaviour, that's fine, they enjoyed it but now that it has bit them on the backside they have to take it on the chin it really is that simple. Wycombe fans just as one example were innocent collateral victims as a result of Derby's behaviour so my sympathy is more with them. I don't want Derby to go bust or indeed any Club but I won't lose any sleep over the state they now find themselves in. If it wasn't for the person they said and still are saying nasty things about we wouldn't have Football Club at all.

We would definitely have a football club without Gibson.  Not sure what level we'd be at but then nobody has a god given right to be in the Premier League or Championship, do they?

Fans had nothing to do with Pulis or Woodgate being here or rather no longer being here.  Gibson tried to keep Pulis ffs, he'd have continued as manager if he'd wanted to stay!

It's good that you don't want Derby to go bust at least 👍

• Like 1

It's all a moot point anyway.

There is 0% chance of Derby going under, they're going to be fine, even if it's in League One or Two.

They're a good sized club with decent support.

Almost every club in England that's went out of existence has had limited support and potential.

45 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just realised they are playing Sheff Utd.  No reason why we can't get something against them if Derby can.

The Office Lol GIF

I admire your optimism. I'll probably get exiled to Toonland for saying this, but Derby are probably a better team than Boro. Hate to break it to you like this but the Blades will probably put 2 or 3 past us. ☹️ 

If we can't beat a team with a defence held together with duct tape and a second choice forward line, what chance have we against a team that has found their feet and are on the up?

19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sheff Utd 1-0 Derby

Billy Sharp penalty in the 90th minute

🤣

Actually a bit sad about this as I had this down as a draw for the Predictions League. But zero points for Derby is a silver lining at least.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I admire your optimism. I'll probably get exiled to Toonland for saying this, but Derby are probably a better team than Boro. Hate to break it to you like this but the Blades will probably put 2 or 3 past us. ☹️ 

If we can't beat a team with a defence held together with duct tape and a second choice forward line, what chance have we against a team that has found their feet and are on the up?

Sheff Utd are only 3 points ahead of us.  In fact, if we win 2-0 then we go ahead of them.  I don't think it's that far fetched to think we can beat them.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sheff Utd are only 3 points ahead of us.  In fact, if we win 2-0 then we go ahead of them.  I don't think it's that far fetched to think we can beat them.

But do you think that its that far fetched for us to beat them with Warnock's tactics and likely morale in the camp currently?

In terms of morale I'm thinking particularly about Payero, Jones and Hall to name just three.

I didn't stop going when Charlie built the Sports Hall, so I admit, I am to blame for everything. I also admit that when I said that the innocent deserved the empathy that many Derby fans fall into that category, and I should have made that clearer, but sometimes I also have to admit that people see what they want to see and disregard the rest. I would be surprised if the bullet was fired before the international break, but there is little point in keeping the fella on if he is getting or losing players without really having a say, only people that will suffer in the end are the fans...  as usual