oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

🤢 wtf

I presume this is some strange affliction gained from the South Shields area.

Oh dear I will assume you think the use of sanddancer would locate me Sunderland, oh dear oh dear you are so far off target it’s laughable. My posts would give you a good idea I’m not far from the Riverside my friend.. The nick name simply from the locations I worked, hot deserts? 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Oh dear I will assume you think the use of sanddancer would locate me Sunderland, oh dear oh dear you are so far off target it’s laughable. My posts would give you a good idea I’m not far from the Riverside my friend.. The nick name simply from the locations I worked, hot deserts? 

I was only joking, but sanddancer is the nickname of somebody from South Shields.

Which would fit with wishing Newcastle well even when being taken over by a paleo-petro-slave state.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Nah..  he is a Slaggy Islander..  just spent to much time out in the midday sun   

My philosophy has always been not to envy or slag others but apply greater energy to bettering oneself. I fully understand the rivalry, I was born in to it, but I see no point in slagging them off what I would wish for our club, investment and development. 

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

My philosophy has always been not to envy or slag others but apply greater energy to bettering oneself. I fully understand the rivalry, I was born in to it, but I see no point in slagging them off what I would wish for our club, investment and development. 

I'd rather stick with Gibson alone for another 30 years than get what Newcastle are getting right now.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I was only joking, but sanddancer is the nickname of somebody from South Shields.

Which would fit with wishing Newcastle well even when being taken over by a paleo-petro-slave state.

I lived and worked in Asia for 39 years and I agree there are some questionable activities BUT what you don’t see, as you have not worked or lived there, is the harmony between nationalities, what you don’t understand is the how leaders from Asian countries exploit their own, I am suggesting those from Indian, Sri Lanka etc. It’s taking Asia has taking a greater amount of time to develop and adapt to the new world, unfortunately because of religious values and trust of the West.  

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd rather stick with Gibson alone for another 30 years than get what Newcastle are getting right now.

I am in no way defending Asia but understand a great deal more simply because of the time I spent there but thats your choice, but suggest with a bit of study you may broaden your views.   

I do understand what you are saying Sandy, but to some of us there is little difference between the Gulf States and the politics and ethics of Putin and his ilk, but not wanting to start a "discussion", support your right to your opinion whilst not necessarily agreeing with it.

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I do understand what you are saying Sandy, but to some of us there is little difference between the Gulf States and the politics and ethics of Putin and his ilk, but not wanting to start a "discussion", support your right to your opinion whilst not necessarily agreeing with it.

Could never be so far as poles apart but appreciate your comment and we are deviating from the original post.   

10 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Could never be so far as poles apart but appreciate your comment and we are deviating from the original post.   

No we're not, Newcastle United are being taken over by an 80% Saudi-led consortium, further sportswashing their murderous, homophobic regime. But hey, money money money, right?

It's not a good thing for football and it's certainly not a good thing for society.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No we're not, Newcastle United are being taken over by an 80% Saudi-led consortium, further sportswashing their murderous, homophobic regime. But hey, money money money, right?

It's not a good thing for football and it's certainly not a good thing for society.

Ethics in football has long gone. That ship has sailed. Money will always overrule and in just a short period of time St. James Park will be singing Salmans name if they bring succes.

23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ethics in football has long gone. That ship has sailed. Money will always overrule and in just a short period of time St. James Park will be singing Salmans name if they bring succes.

Mind you, people have been saying the same since we bought Alf Common for £1,000 back in 1905. 

That said, I agree. The sportswashing of a whole series of corrupt and murderous regimes is abhorrent and disgusting. If the Boro did it then I absolutely would walk away from the club because I would want no part of that. I'm pretty sure some Newcastle fans will do the same but that no one will notice them gone when St James is packed to the rafters.

12 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Used to live at a place called Sandy in Beds! Easy to find at one time as it was the first left/right turn at the only set of traffic lights on the A1!

Good luck to the Skunks, The only ones worried about this take over will be the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man utd and Liverpool. It will mean there is another club that may be able to outspend them. How many on here would bring up human rights etc is a multi billionaire consortium came in for us ?