oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

43 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No we're not, Newcastle United are being taken over by an 80% Saudi-led consortium, further sportswashing their murderous, homophobic regime. But hey, money money money, right?

It's not a good thing for football and it's certainly not a good thing for society.

Here we go again!

Just for your information Denzel I have not sanctioned the take over. I suggest you take up your opposition with the selected appointees who have the power and knowledge and make the rules . 

I have not defended there present or historical past, I indicated I understand more having lived in Asia for multiple years and it’s not perfect regardless which country you visit. I implied to have more of a an insight into the religion,;politics, culture and values then just reading media stories. Although I may understand more, in no way have I indicated I support them. 

Asia are hundreds of years behind, for want of a better word, developed countries and although they are changing, it will take a great time before, or even if they can be judged, aligned. 
Let’s face it looking into our own country and its history, even its presence, we are hardly the ones who should be sitting in judgment. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Good luck to the Skunks, The only ones worried about this take over will be the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man utd and Liverpool. It will mean there is another club that may be able to outspend them. How many on here would bring up human rights etc is a multi billionaire consortium came in for us ? 

I would.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Ethics in football has long gone. That ship has sailed. Money will always overrule and in just a short period of time St. James Park will be singing Salmans name if they bring succes.

You're right but it doesn't make another ethically void challenger entering the arena any less disappointing. It feels like it should go without saying that Newcastle aren't the only club's owners who have questionable backgrounds and that there's room to condemn them all.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Good luck to the Skunks, The only ones worried about this take over will be the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man utd and Liverpool. It will mean there is another club that may be able to outspend them. How many on here would bring up human rights etc is a multi billionaire consortium came in for us ? 

Did well there apart from the last sentence 😂

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Me.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

I would.

I'd stop supporting the club if we were taken over by the Saudi regime or any like it.

• Like 2

I think it will be recognised globally as a big success this investment, which in my opinion will inevitably create a lot of interest in the other north east clubs. 

I’ve always said if someone buys a north east club they’ll be hugely successful, as they have fan bases that you don’t get down South and can’t buy.

Whether Gibson would entertain it or not I don’t know, but I’d love to see Boro competing at the top in my lifetime. 

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I think it will be recognised globally as a big success this investment, which in my opinion will inevitably create a lot of interest in the other north east clubs. 

I’ve always said if someone buys a north east club they’ll be hugely successful, as they have fan bases that you don’t get down South and can’t buy.

Whether Gibson would entertain it or not I don’t know, but I’d love to see Boro competing at the top in my lifetime. 

Not with Saudi blood money though, surely?

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

At this cost?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I doubt local fans have much impact on the success of clubs at the top.

The only top club in England where they're regularly mentioned as a positive is Liverpool, and they've won less than most of the other big clubs in the last 30 years.

If Newcastle become successful after this, it's because of blood money not because they have 50,000 fans in the stadium.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not with Saudi blood money though, surely?

Of course I’d much rather a buyer with a clean record.

My point wasn’t to be bought buy the Saudi’s, it was I think that investment for Newcastle will create interest in us from a lot of different parties. 

1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

Quite a few it seems...myself included. 

Hand on heart I would rather Boro remained a mid-table Championship club, than have them owned by an individual or consortium, based in a country with a questionable (or outright awful) human rights record.

In my book that rules out Russia, China and most of the Middle East.

In any case, as we've frequently seen, these sort of people treat football clubs as assets in their portfolios...things to make money from. They rarely, (if ever), attend games, don't care about the fans and will walk away the moment things start to go wrong.

Or sell the club on at the drop of a hat, if they can make a tidy profit, regardless of whether the new owner is suitable or not.

Dunno about anyone else, but I would never wish to see Boro owned by someone like that, or traded like just another commodity.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

glad newcastle have been bought out. seeing smaller clubs like man city and chelsea flourish due to massive cash injections from dodgy owners, its a nice refreshing change to see it happen to a NE club. Hopefully it will raise the profile of all the NE clubs. maybe we can have some dodgy middle east prince buy us. that saudi princes mate or brother lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1