oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Cardiff 6th straight defeat and they are awa to Fulham next. You just know they are going to stop the rot v us next week. With or without McCarthy.

As for Patterson - Am not saying it was the posters above but there were so many on here who were very against us signing Patterson in summer based on a few minutes in pre season. Saying he looked very poor.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

seem to remember that the consensus was that he was a permacrock and not someone that could be relied on, but good luck to the lad (except against us) 

Yeah if I'm honest I wasn't bothered at all when we didn't sign him.

7 hours ago, Old Codger said:

seem to remember that the consensus was that he was a permacrock and not someone that could be relied on, but good luck to the lad (except against us) 

Given Warnock's apparent opinions on fitness and his performances in those friendlies, I'm not at all shocked that we didn't sign him and I'm still relatively glad we didn't.

He's not setting the league alight every week just as his team isn't and really, whose place does he take in the team? Watmore? Tav? Hernandez? Jones? I'm not sure I'd swap any of those players with Paterson. 

Sounds like he was influential today and scored a cracking goal? Good for him. But he's done that before we had the chance to sign him too, not sure why it would change many opinions on whether we should have brought him in. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Cardiff 6th straight defeat and they are awa to Fulham next. You just know they are going to stop the rot v us next week. With or without McCarthy.

As for Patterson - Am not saying it was the posters above but there were so many on here who were very against us signing Patterson in summer based on a few minutes in pre season. Saying he looked very poor.

It wasn't just a few minutes. I'm pretty sure he got more time than Bahamboula did on the pitch for us didn't he? That was someone who seemed to have the consensus of the fans that he was worth a go for the small fee we had to pay. Paterson didn't look influential, he didn't look fit, he was bang average. 

• Like 2

Can't argue with that, it's fair enough.

Not sure when the next UEFA ran game is mind.

Does seem a shame that they're going to reject the UK and Ireland's 2030 World Cup bid as well though, hope the morons that ruined it for the rest of us are ashamed of themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Does seem a shame that they're going to reject the UK and Ireland's 2030 World Cup bid as well though, hope the morons that ruined it for the rest of us are ashamed of themselves.

I honestly don't think they will give a toss. They probably don't think they did anything wrong.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I honestly don't think they will give a toss. They probably don't think they did anything wrong.

Yeah, I imagine if any of them are actual Wembley regulars, they'll just think this response is bad and moan about it.

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If thats true, thats a way harsher sentence than making us play behind closed doors...even a number of games. That is a shedload of lost revenue, had our bid been successful.

Still, hard to argue after what happened at Wembley. We can't be trusted to hold major tournaments if we're going to let a (sizeable) minority of morons ruin things like that.

• Like 1

Seems Paterson had an offer from us but he decided to go to Swansea instead.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-patersons-summer-torment-middlesbrough-21885183

"Russell Martin has kept a close eye on Paterson for some time, although it was the fortune of some "great timing" that gifted Swansea with the opportunity to bring the playmaker to south Wales.

"He was training at Middlesbrough, they offered him a contract, and it was just timing really," Martin told WalesOnline before the south Wales derby.

"Luke knew him from Bristol City, I spoke to Korey [Smith] about him. Korey spoke really highly about him.

"He's a player I've always liked, so I rung him and he wanted to come down straight away to train."

Derby genuinely look like they could stay up if they don't get anymore points deducted or somehow manage to reduce their points deduction in this appeal.

They're currently only 3 points from safety even with a 12 point deduction.

• Sad 1