oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just watching highlights of Bodo v Roma..  what a night for those lads..  it is results like that which makes being a supporter of a "little" team worthwhile..  in 50 years time, they can say "I was there when"...  good for them

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Just watching highlights of Bodo v Roma..  what a night for those lads..  it is results like that which makes being a supporter of a "little" team worthwhile..  in 50 years time, they can say "I was there when"...  good for them

Made me think of our own trip to Roma!

Think that second half was the longest I've ever experienced. Felt like the clock was going backwards! Some great saves from Schwarzer kept us alive.

• Like 1

Not overly so, says he has a decent relationship but wants to play more and if it means a loan, then he is up for it. sometimes we tend to be a little hard on young players if they have a poor game but if he cracks on, whoever is here when he gets back may want to include him in squad...  still has a way to go and experience will do him good. If he can't deal with Scottish forwards, then he may not be as far along as we hope, but next year or two should see if he is going to make it and I think he will not be found wanting.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure Woods is kicking himself for making the decision to go out on loan.  With the injuries we have atm he would have slotted straight into the team and this would have been the chance he needed to be a permananent name on the teamsheet. Hopefully he will come back from Scotland with the experience because Pelts and Sol wont be around forever and we will certainly be looking at what we have before buying more defenders.

They have zero hope of staying up, they do it every season. They will come down again, keep most the squad, hoover up premier league money then likely win promotion again. Eventually the cycle will stop but can't see it happening anytime soon. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Derby drew again.

You're not gonna stay up by drawing, guys

It’s giving them a good chance though. Only 6 points off safety. They’d be in 15th if it wasn’t for the deduction so they are clearly doing much better than the bottom teams. 

• Like 1

Woods needs to be playing games. At the moment it’s not working out for him in Scotland. I appreciate him trying to play at the highest level possible but think he might have been better playing league one football this season and getting 30+ games under his dealt

8 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Gibson sent off for Norwich as they are thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea.

Think if they are to have any hope of staying up, Farke needs to go and they need to do some spending in January.

Just seen it.  That challenge was so daft that I can only assume he fancied a week off.  Playing for that lot you can't really blame him mind.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Adam P said:

They have zero hope of staying up, they do it every season. They will come down again, keep most the squad, hoover up premier league money then likely win promotion again. Eventually the cycle will stop but can't see it happening anytime soon. 

I know they are working to a particular business model, but it seems daft to not even have a go at staying up.

Financial prudence is important, but in the PL it needs to be balanced against having a competitive squad.

Maybe next time? 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Just seen it.  That challenge was so daft that I can only assume he fancied a week off.  Playing for that lot you can't really blame him mind.

Yeah I seen the challenge and it was challenge of sheer frustration. Going through back of someone like that near half way line. He regretted it as soon as he did it. 5 nil down at the time and situation got better of him. Should have known and done better there.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I know they are working to a particular business model, but it seems daft to not even have a go at staying up.

Financial prudence is important, but in the PL it needs to be balanced against having a competitive squad.

Maybe next time? 🤷‍♂️

Like us under Karanka you mean? 🤣

15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Like us under Karanka you mean? 🤣

I didn't say they'd be successful... 🤷‍♂️

We tried and failed. Norwich look like they're happy to yo-yo between the PL and the Championship.

Plus Boro until very recently didn't do long-term planning. We just spent and hoped.

I was simply suggesting Norwich could try extending their ambitions a little further, without completely tearing up their business model. Also registering some surprise that their plan doesn't apparently allow for a serious attempt at staying up.