Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Would not be too sure after all they picked off the initial 12 points very quickly so being minus 3 and with the amount of games to go then very possible to escape relegation, going to be hard but do not count them out just yet.

Any update regarding Reading's nine point deduction?

They're already 9 points from safety before this further deduction is even confirmed and in bad form.

That gap increases to 18 points when it is confirmed.

There is not a chance that they're staying up.

If they do, Wayne Rooney deserves a medal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1344

  • Borodane

    1303

  • Brunners

    1228

  • wilsoncgp

    1045

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Would not be too sure after all they picked off the initial 12 points very quickly so being minus 3 and with the amount of games to go then very possible to escape relegation, going to be hard but do not count them out just yet.

Any update regarding Reading's nine point deduction?

Well last season, Derby would have needed 64 points with that 21 point deduction which was how many we got last season.

Last season they had 12 points after 17 games, this year they've got 18 without their deductions, so not a huge improvement. If they stick with this similar form across the season, they might not have even survived the year before last without a deduction.

They need to outperform last season considerably to survive. They need to outperform two seasons ago too. It's not impossible but unlike others aiming for that kind of points tally, they're not going to be winning for success, just to survive. Fair play to Rooney if he pulls it off but I sincerely doubt he will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a strange affair and I think sentences for cheating need to be revisited. At the moment if club gets caught and punished there is a slim likelihood they could still recover and survive and I don’t think it’s fair on other clubs or sends the right message. There again I don’t believe in collective punishment when a town or club suffers at the expense of crook few individuals. It’s complex and I honestly wouldn’t like to propose a solution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

It’s a strange affair and I think sentences for cheating need to be revisited. At the moment if club gets caught and punished there is a slim likelihood they could still recover and survive and I don’t think it’s fair on other clubs or sends the right message. There again I don’t believe in collective punishment when a town or club suffers at the expense of crook few individuals. It’s complex and I honestly wouldn’t like to propose a solution. 

Only thing I could think of would be to block FFP cheaters from being promoted, the next team down the table from them is instead. Stopping clubs reaping the rewards of speculating to accumulate without maybe destroying the club. Have a feeling you'd see fewer situations like this if QPR and Villa's recent promotions hadn't come to fruition.

 

That said I hope Rick Parry takes a gigantic steaming pile on Derby's rotting corpse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMC said:

Only thing I could think of would be to block FFP cheaters from being promoted, the next team down the table from them is instead. Stopping clubs reaping the rewards of speculating to accumulate without maybe destroying the club. Have a feeling you'd see fewer situations like this if QPR and Villa's recent promotions hadn't come to fruition.

 

That said I hope Rick Parry takes a gigantic steaming pile on Derby's rotting corpse.

I think the problem is, the final financial records aren't published until the season is more or less under way. The only solution is to get the Premier LEague on board with dishing out hefty fines to the promoted club that goes back to the championship teams. Something like half the Premier League TV/prize money to be redistributed the clubs that were in the Championship the season they got promoted (minus the other promoted teams). Teams target promotion mostly for the massive financial windfall, so if you take away some of that, then the gains from overspending aren't so massive in the end.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Albania delivering a great lesson on the reason teams play with 10 men behind the ball at Wembley. 5 nil down at half time 😳

Neilo Warnocki, the Albania manager, says that it's not the tactics, it's just that a couple of the lads didn't have their dinner, and they should have scored when Pickford pulled off that save but that he can't go on the pitch and kick the ball in the goal for them.  Ronnieo Jepsonj has done a great job getting the lads ready but you know injuries, and the referee is *** rubbish, I hope we don't get him again. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...