• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Gone.

Weird that they're looking for an interim manager rather than a permanent one.

Only played 12 games!  They are in danger of replicating the Ole error.  They keep telling us that they are the biggest club in the world so surely they can attract a proper manager now.

10 minutes ago, Hicktonpen10 said:

Only played 12 games!  They are in danger of replicating the Ole error.  They keep telling us that they are the biggest club in the world so surely they can attract a proper manager now.

Honestly I think they are waiting for potchettino. He will probably leave PSG in the summer especially if they don't win CL. I think he's the man to turn them around. I wonder who they could appoint as an interim tho for a job as big as that? I'd imagine an old head who can steady the ship like Hiddink at Chelsea a few years back. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head tho. 

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Honestly I think they are waiting for potchettino. He will probably leave PSG in the summer especially if they don't win CL. I think he's the man to turn them around. I wonder who they could appoint as an interim tho for a job as big as that? I'd imagine an old head who can steady the ship like Hiddink at Chelsea a few years back. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head tho. 

Warnock is available 💪

51 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Ha yeh. I would actually love to see what would happen if he did.

One last rescue mission for him to save them from dropping out of the Champions League placings. Wily old so and so obviously engineered his Boro exit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

United have gone through a variety of managers since Fergie left and never reached their potential. I think I said it when Ole came in that honestly, I don't think the manager is the problem and he'll just be another scapegoat when it goes tits up again. I think the problem is higher up than that.

The only reason Ole really worked at all at times is because there's probably such a lot of respect within the club for him. They got the new manager bounce when he first came in and like many a club, they latched onto that feeling and threw a lot of expectations onto a fella who has nowhere near the credentials to do that job.

The whole club feels destined to fail to achieve their lofty goals though. Poch coming in won't change that in my eyes, nor would Zidane. They'll win the odd cup but they'd still not win the Prem until the manager there isn't just a figurehead in a poorly run system from top-to-bottom.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

United have gone through a variety of managers since Fergie left and never reached their potential. I think I said it when Ole came in that honestly, I don't think the manager is the problem and he'll just be another scapegoat when it goes tits up again. I think the problem is higher up than that.

The only reason Ole really worked at all at times is because there's probably such a lot of respect within the club for him. They got the new manager bounce when he first came in and like many a club, they latched onto that feeling and threw a lot of expectations onto a fella who has nowhere near the credentials to do that job.

The whole club feels destined to fail to achieve their lofty goals though. Poch coming in won't change that in my eyes, nor would Zidane. They'll win the odd cup but they'd still not win the Prem until the manager there isn't just a figurehead in a poorly run system from top-to-bottom.

I see so many parallels with Boro in terms of poor decision making, planning and spending. A new manager wont help United, top 4 seems like the limit with their incredibly expensive top-heavy squad. At least a better manager wont try to play pressing football with a front 4 of lazy strikers leaving a not-so-talented midfield 2 even more exposed.

I think with United Ole was never really a good fit in terms of pedigree. Tactically he isn’t in the same league as a Klopp, Pep, Tuchel etc - but even when they go experienced like Jose, his style of play didn’t fit the ‘United way’. They are hoping for another Ferguson era of dominance which is never going to happen so I feel like they’re *** into the wind. 

Im glad they’re a mess 🤣

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I think with United Ole was never really a good fit in terms of pedigree. Tactically he isn’t in the same league as a Klopp, Pep, Tuchel etc - but even when they go experienced like Jose, his style of play didn’t fit the ‘United way’. They are hoping for another Ferguson era of dominance which is never going to happen so I feel like they’re *** into the wind. 

Im glad they’re a mess 🤣

When supporters of Championship teams wouldn't even take your manager you have to question what a team of United's stature are doing... he still looks like a novice even though he's been managing as long as Pep.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Foogle said:

When supporters of Championship teams wouldn't even take your manager you have to question what a team of United's stature are doing... he still looks like a novice even though he's been managing as long as Pep.

Interestingly at work today you still get United fans defending him to the hilt. It’s similar to if we had Juninho come and manage us. Some of the die hards  would still defend him because of nostalgia, which I get. 

But, ironically they stuck with Ole (3 years) longer than Moyes (10 months) when if they’d have stuck with Moyes you could argue they’d be better off 🙄

• Like 3

IFAB to debate extending half time from 15 minutes to 25 minutes to allow for "Superbowl" style half time shows.

I'll be fuming if this goes ahead.

People struggle enough getting back from matches at night without adding an additional 10 minutes of sitting about waiting for the second half to start.

All to benefit big finals where people would still just prefer for the second half to start.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

IFAB to debate extending half time from 15 minutes to 25 minutes to allow for "Superbowl" style half time shows.

I'll be fuming if this goes ahead.

People struggle enough getting back from matches at night without adding an additional 10 minutes of sitting about waiting for the second half to start.

All to benefit big finals where people would still just prefer for the second half to start.

If they want it for big finals, just introduce it for big finals. Would be ridiculous to add it to normal games, and just an excuse for clubs to charge even more for tickets if they use the time to provide some kind of additional "entertainment".

The NFL doesn't even have the "SuperBowl" length half times for regular season games, I believe they're only 12 minutes half time breaks.

42 minutes ago, Will said:

If they want it for big finals, just introduce it for big finals. Would be ridiculous to add it to normal games, and just an excuse for clubs to charge even more for tickets if they use the time to provide some kind of additional "entertainment".

The NFL doesn't even have the "SuperBowl" length half times for regular season games, I believe they're only 12 minutes half time breaks.

I imagine football has to be consistent across the board.

If it's a 25 minute break in one match, it has to be in all matches.

But then again, maybe not, plenty of in game rules differ between competitions, so it's probably easy enough to allow cup finals to have an extended half time.

Thankfully it doesn't sound like it'll happen anyway.

Edited by TeaCider24