Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

brutal isnt it. couple of years ago all the derby fans were laughing at gibson's accusations and bragging how clever mel was by fudging the system. now here they are faced with possible liquidation. 

we've been there. its not a nice place. i think they will be nailed to the cross personally. unless a rich guy comes in a pays the debts they will fold.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1344

  • Borodane

    1303

  • Brunners

    1212

  • wilsoncgp

    1030

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I think they're screwed, and it couldn't happen to a nicer club, tbh. 

Yeah yeah, it nearly happened to us, blah blah, yadda yadda, whatever. We didn't brag about cheating the system and claim to have the EFL on strings like Derby supporters did (and yes, not all of them are like that, but the most vocal ones are.)

*** 'em.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Don't Derby have a young midfielder that is a bit interesting? Knight or something like that? Would be extra salt in their wounds if we picked him off them for a pittance in january. Administrators will be looking to sell anyone if they make it until january. If they fold at least we will get 2 extra points after our lacklustre draw earlier in the season.

Jason Knight. Really good young player. I would love to see him at the Boro

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Don't want them to go under, and I hope they avoid liquidation, but their all of their debt should be paid in full.

they're pretty mutually exclusive unfortunately. if they're forced to pay all their debt, they will go under. If they don't go under, it's cause the HMRC cut them some slack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

they're pretty mutually exclusive unfortunately. if they're forced to pay all their debt, they will go under. If they don't go under, it's cause the HMRC cut them some slack.

Then they should go under.

I don't mind if their deadline to pay the debt is extended, but it shouldn't be written off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Then they should go under.

I don't mind if their deadline to pay the debt is extended, but it shouldn't be written off.

The problem is if Derby go under then HMRC get nothing, they simply become another non-football creditor, albeit a high priority one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a negotiating tactic I think you'll find.  HMRC will want the lot, Derby/The admins/Potential new owners will want to pay as little as possible.  Can they make HRMC believe that liquidation is a real possibility and they'll end up with nothing at all so as to facilitate a better arrangement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The problem is if Derby go under then HMRC get nothing, they simply become another non-football creditor, albeit a high priority one.

And this is why HMRC will probably haggle for the best deal they can for the taxpayer, before accepting it at the 11th hour and saving Derby in the process. What's truly galling is Derby cheated their way around the Championship, and now the nation is going to lose millions of pounds of money owed to the public purse that could have been put into health, education, social care, God knows what.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just a negotiating tactic I think you'll find.  HMRC will want the lot, Derby/The admins/Potential new owners will want to pay as little as possible.  Can they make HRMC believe that liquidation is a real possibility and they'll end up with nothing at all so as to facilitate a better arrangement?

That £30m is taxpayer's money. Really can't see HMRC letting Derby get away with paying a penny less. That said, they may allow it to be paid in installments over a longer period of time.

The main issue though really is HMRC setting a dangerous precedent for all other football clubs. If Derby County can get away with not paying tax, why can't we, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have HMRC ever accepted less in any other footballing instance? I can't imagine that's a precedent they want to set.

Also, even if Derby liquidate, aren't HMRC basically the highest priority creditor behind any bank loans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That £30m is taxpayer's money. Really can't see HMRC letting Derby get away with paying a penny less. That said, they may allow it to be paid in installments over a longer period of time.

The main issue though really is HMRC setting a dangerous precedent for all other football clubs. If Derby County can get away with not paying tax, why can't we, etc.

It depends on whether they believe they will end up with nothing or not.  I suspect as you say that some kind of instalment plan is really what they are angling for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...