Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Don't underestimate the position of our government in all this, though. It could be taken entirely out of football's hands based on the rest of the country and cases are on the rise. There's ~4,700 confirmed Omicron cases in the country but the UKHSA is estimating that total infections is more like 200,000, which has absolutely staggered some journalists.

There's also the fact our government is currently in a state of desperately trying to take attention away from their own misdeeds. The day Allegra Stratton was pushed to resign is the same day we talked about Plan B coming into effect. The cabinet is under attack from both allies and opposition, in the House of Commons, in the media, all over for different reasons and is trying to dig itself out of this PR hole. I honestly don't know what happens next because I think they'll do anything to divert attention away from theirselves.

If it was a diversion ploy it hasn’t worked. More people are talking about it because of the restrictions been brought in 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1399

  • Borodane

    1350

  • Brunners

    1271

  • wilsoncgp

    1097

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

It's still only about 1% of tests so not quite alarming. Also a note that supposedly half of the incidents is from 1 club and 1/4 is from another club (Spurs and Leicester), so only 10 positives among the remaining 18 clubs.

Yeah but look how fast it ripped through Spurs... All it really takes is a couple more teams to have similar outbreaks over the busiest part of the season. 10 day isolations at this point means about three missed games. The schedule is ridiculously tight as is for the sides playing in Europe.

Not sure what the answer is but I'll be gutted if football gets suspended again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If teams are forced to complete fixtures then it may affect the thinking of Clubs in terms of who they allow into their training grounds and who actually plays. Covid passports should apply equally to all walks of life, even the NHS staff are being threatened with dismissal!

Premiership clubs especially have a plethora of young players who they could dip into. let's face it they seem to be able to find them in the early stages of domestic cup games. By forcing the playing of games then it may focus both Clubs and Players minds on whether they need to be vacced or not.

The only difference in this scenario to Boro's is that the "virus" is well recognised and more commonplace whereas with Boro it was localised but just as devastating as United's. A virus is a virus and sweeps through a community once infection starts and has done since the beginning of time. I'm wondering if SG has his legal team keeping a beady eye on developments with a mind for retrospective damages? I certainly would, they made a precedent they should stick to it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm wondering if SG has his legal team keeping a beady eye on developments with a mind for retrospective damages? I certainly would, they made a precedent they should stick to it.

Saul Goodman is arriving at the Riverside later today, to discuss who we can sue about this.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I suppose the only solution is to cancel the Qatar World Cup.

Then all problems are solved.

I wonder how many of the Construction workers in Qatar are isolating at home on full pay or even half pay? I'm sure FIFA and their conscious efforts to kick things out, giving things the boot and even lacing them with rainbows are all over this at the minute! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If teams are forced to complete fixtures then it may affect the thinking of Clubs in terms of who they allow into their training grounds and who actually plays. Covid passports should apply equally to all walks of life, even the NHS staff are being threatened with dismissal!

Premiership clubs especially have a plethora of young players who they could dip into. let's face it they seem to be able to find them in the early stages of domestic cup games. By forcing the playing of games then it may focus both Clubs and Players minds on whether they need to be vacced or not.

The only difference in this scenario to Boro's is that the "virus" is well recognised and more commonplace whereas with Boro it was localised but just as devastating as United's. A virus is a virus and sweeps through a community once infection starts and has done since the beginning of time. I'm wondering if SG has his legal team keeping a beady eye on developments with a mind for retrospective damages? I certainly would, they made a precedent they should stick to it.

Looking at the utd game Vs young boys, they made 11 changes from their premier league team the previous weekend and had 7 more on the bench that hadn't featured in the premier league. That's 18 on top of the 11 the previous weekend. So approximately 30 players. And they can't get 13?

Must be some outbreak.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Looking at the utd game Vs young boys, they made 11 changes from their premier league team the previous weekend and had 7 more on the bench that hadn't featured in the premier league. That's 18 on top of the 11 the previous weekend. So approximately 30 players. And they can't get 13?

Must be some outbreak.

 

 

If its a Manchelskiarsepool fever then the FA know it to be far more virulent than a mere Northern Boro scum runny nose and can't take any chances (or any points for that matter). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Don't underestimate the position of our government in all this, though. It could be taken entirely out of football's hands based on the rest of the country and cases are on the rise. There's ~4,700 confirmed Omicron cases in the country but the UKHSA is estimating that total infections is more like 200,000, which has absolutely staggered some journalists.

There's also the fact our government is currently in a state of desperately trying to take attention away from their own misdeeds. The day Allegra Stratton was pushed to resign is the same day we talked about Plan B coming into effect. The cabinet is under attack from both allies and opposition, in the House of Commons, in the media, all over for different reasons and is trying to dig itself out of this PR hole. I honestly don't know what happens next because I think they'll do anything to divert attention away from theirselves.

I read a great deal of UK media propaganda and immature posters promoting theories and I think it’s worth doing abit more research on what other governments around the world are promoting. What I have read about the infection rate of the new variant, it should not be underestimated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably being a bit naive, but if it has a lower mortality rate than other strains would it not be preferable as the dominant strain than other nastier versions, although it doesn't prevent catching them, antibodies would probably help in some way although obviously not enough time has passed for much data to be accumulated  

Link to post
Share on other sites

OC  if  big word  if it is less serious then that is relatively good news. 

80% is a good percentage but it still means 20%  will still get it, hopefully mildly. 

No Vax at all  means that you are very open to infection and potential intensive care.  It probably means that you don't care about yourself nor do you care about your fellow men

Finally if it is less serious then the next wave is likly to be even less serious and eventually it lowers naturally to normal Flu levels or below

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Probably being a bit naive, but if it has a lower mortality rate than other strains would it not be preferable as the dominant strain than other nastier versions, although it doesn't prevent catching them, antibodies would probably help in some way although obviously not enough time has passed for much data to be accumulated  

I’m no spring chicken and I value my grandchildren, family and friends health, so I appreciate should a vaccination be able to teach my immune system to identify and resist an infection I support it. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

They might not all be vaccinated but at least Leeds defence is stay at least 2m away from any of the Man City players 😜 7-0 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Not Fulham again ffs they are getting annoying now. We know we lost the battle before eit even starts 
    • can’t see us being able to compete financially but then as a striker looking at Fulham, who play one up top .. do you fancy yourself to push out Mitrovic or go somewhere you’d be first choice 😉 
    • If that's true and he goes to Fulham, all 3 of their strikers were stolen from us  Mitrovic, Muniz and Gyokeres 
    • A good article from Craig Johns of the Evening Gazette: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-markets-striker-search-transfer-24088452 An interesting few lines towards the bottom of it caught my eye:  A quick look reveals that, for example, exciting Bristol City prospect Antoine Semenyo will enter the final year of his deal this summer and has impressed under Nigel Pearson this season, netting eight goals and assisting 12. Still just 22, Celtic and a few Premier League clubs are said to have scouted him in the last six months, while Nottingham Forest had a bid rejected in January. I really like the look of Semenyo so really hope that it has been wrote with some inside knowledge. The exact combination of our forward two is hard to guess, well aside from the general traits of one dropping deeper and the other playing on the shoulder of opposition defences. Nothing has particularly worked under Wilder here so it's hard to know what to expect. His most recent success was at Sheffield United, which consisted of McGoldrick dropping deeper and Sharp leading the line, but I've got no idea whether it's any indication of the sort of thing we're trying to build this season.

×
×
  • Create New...