• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Eddie Howe was a terrible appointment for Newcastle. They need tightening up at the back and that’s not what Howe does.

Conceded 17 goals in 7 games. Virtually going into games knowing they have to score 3 to win.

Don't think it matters who was appointed, you can only choose from the players available the squads just not good enough.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Don't think it matters who was appointed, you can only choose from the players available the squads just not good enough.

You can organise and put men behind the ball be hard to beat. Give yourself a fighting chance. This is is ridiculous (but exactly what he does).

the only hope they have is a massive break in the season so there games are rearranged to when they have some January signings in

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

You can organise and put men behind the ball be hard to beat. Give yourself a fighting chance. This is is ridiculous (but exactly what he does).

the only hope they have is a massive break in the season so there games are rearranged to when they have some January signings in

Should have got Neil Warnock in... 😉

I've heard he's good at making teams difficult to beat.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome though.

I know, and I'm glad they were comfortably beaten, but it was a penalty and they should have had one.

The fact VAR ignored it is utterly baffling.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I know, and I'm glad they were comfortably beaten, but it was a penalty and they should have had one.

The fact VAR ignored it is utterly baffling.

Yeah - VAR has just become another source of inconsistency and bone of contention for people to argue over, instead of doing what it was supposed to.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

If the season is suspended, surely the transfer window would have to be suspended as well?

Why? Some teams will have played all the games they were supposed to up to now, so even if it was suspended tomorrow they would only be two games short before the window opens. Can’t  see why this would stop transfers going ahead. Anyway, even if there is a suspension it probably wouldn’t be uniform over Europe and Isn’t the transfer window designed to be more or less consistent over different countries? Also,  if there is a suspension of the leagues, some of the lower league clubs would be desperate to cash in on players in order to keep solvent. 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, AnglianRed said:

Yeah - VAR has just become another source of inconsistency and bone of contention for people to argue over, instead of doing what it was supposed to.

At the end of the day, the decisions are still made by humans so will succumb to human error (it's not like goal line technology which has a near perfect record) but when I had a look, referees are statistically proven to make more correct decisions generally speaking with a VAR team than when they went without which is surely exactly what it is supposed to do?

On 12/19/2021 at 8:07 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just watching Sports Personality of the year again and the memories of Euro 2020 and brought back the painful memories and the sickening feeling watching back that Rashford miss in the shootout. 

On another note its the World Cup final 1 year today. 

Don't get me started on the nonsense that is SPOTY.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

At the end of the day, the decisions are still made by humans so will succumb to human error (it's not like goal line technology which has a near perfect record) but when I had a look, referees are statistically proven to make more correct decisions generally speaking with a VAR team than when they went without which is surely exactly what it is supposed to do?

But aren’t those statistics done by humans who will succumb to error and bias?

although I agree with your point - it’s still down to human error.

Still one of the biggest issues in the game is that players, managers, pundits and media don’t actually know the laws of the game (neither do fans but I can let them off as they being paid).

I would love to get to a point where refs are micd up but with so much ignorance of the laws it would be a disaster. 

25 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Still one of the biggest issues in the game is that players, managers, pundits and media don’t actually know the laws of the game (neither do fans but I can let them off as they being paid).

This. A lot of the uproar is usually because people don’t understand the rules perfectly. The introduction of VAR has certainly learned me some new things about the rules along the way.