• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Now their training ground has been shut down for 48 hours. Surely they are going to postpone it now.

You would think that, but when you have 19 players/staff covid positive and the match on Sky expect the unexpected.

15 minutes ago, Naisby said:

You would think that, but when you have 19 players/staff covid positive and the match on Sky expect the unexpected.

Suppose it'll depend on whether there are any other matches they can show instead. Boro have been bumped to a "main event" slot when other games have been postponed.

14 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Suppose it'll depend on whether there are any other matches they can show instead. Boro have been bumped to a "main event" slot when other games have been postponed.

Usually Liverpool and the other top teams are governed by the covid rules set out by the Premier League, but this is the EFL cup and it’s the EFL and Sky who will be putting pressure on for it to be played.

If the rules and circumstances by the EFL and Sky meant that with 19 players and staff out the match between Sheffield UtD and Boro still had to be played will the same rules and standards govern whether this match is played.

The cynic in me says it won’t, but with a 2 legged semi and a fixed date in late Feb/ early March for the final I can imagine that the talks between all parties will be more on finance and fixtures than health and well-being.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It's been postponed. Now que the whining from Liverpool when the fixtures pile up and some of their stars are at AFCON. 

The Prem and EFL need to start been more clearer and publishing the number of players with covid etc when a game gets postponed

2 hours ago, ABH said:

The Prem and EFL need to start been more clearer and publishing the number of players with covid etc when a game gets postponed

Add the EFL to that list as well. One clear set of rules across what used to be the 4 divisions of football, because at the moment it feels like there is 2 different official sets of guidelines for PL and EFL, and then an unofficial PL one for the big clubs and in the EFL an unofficial one when teams are scheduled on SKY.

IMO I can put up with clear rules even if I think they could be a lot better, what I cannot stand is the seemingly different standards that are applied to different clubs and matches on tv.

20 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Wow Derby really hate Boro and Gibbo.  Derby forums so funny

Has something else happened today or is this just still about the fact we might still take them to court?

21 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

Wow Derby really hate Boro and Gibbo.  Derby forums so funny

It's not really surprising.

Without Middlesbrough, they'd have gotten away scot-free with cheating the system.

The fact that Derby are at fault won't matter to most Derby fans, they'll understandably just blame Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson for catching out the cheating.

21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not really surprising.

Without Middlesbrough, they'd have gotten away scot-free with cheating the system.

The fact that Derby are at fault won't matter to most Derby fans, they'll understandably just blame Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson for catching out the cheating.

They've moved on to blaming him for the lack of buyer now, if they weren't having to deal with the legal claim, they'd have a buyer and be out of admin already according to them.

Just now, Brunners said:

They've moved on to blaming him for the lack of buyer now, if they weren't having to deal with the legal claim, they'd have a buyer and be out of admin already according to them.

I don’t think that’s too far from the truth. The legal case and HMRC need resolving before someone will take them on board. It’s an extra 70m or so the new owners could be on the hook for.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don’t think that’s too far from the truth. The legal case and HMRC need resolving before someone will take them on board. It’s an extra 70m or so the new owners could be on the hook for.

Indeed, I also think it's exactly what Gibson is going for. I don't think he wants them to quickly achieve a solution and he certainly doesn't want to drop his case in any way that makes this situation easier for them. Lets say that American lad came in as a result of Gibson dropping his case, would they quickly recover right now, improve the squad and potentially survive? I reckon Gibson at the very least wants to make sure they go down to League One this year and wants them to have suitably adjusted their way of running so that they can't just double down and spend their way out of League One too.

There are plenty of Derby fans who accept the majority of the situation as it is now. They're certainly not hailing Morris as the puppet master anymore. So I would say now more than ever I fully understand their fear and anger and they're not exactly going to sit there in silent acceptance of something that could in any possible way finish their club in its current state. It's the uncertainty that's driving those emotions right now and I reckon we'd feel very much the same. I'm sure there's plenty of members older than me that remember when we last dealt with uncertainty who could particularly empathise with that feeling.

It's also that problem that they are being punished for something other clubs haven't been. They were getting away with something that, for example, Villa also got away with but because they're in another league it doesn't matter. It's a double-whammy as it's because they took the risk and succeeded that they aren't being punished.

I can say that at least one Derby fans group have been in touch with members of MSF to see if we can speak to the club on their behalf and communicate their concern but we politely declined.

• Wow 1
16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Indeed, I also think it's exactly what Gibson is going for. I don't think he wants them to quickly achieve a solution and he certainly doesn't want to drop his case in any way that makes this situation easier for them. Lets say that American lad came in as a result of Gibson dropping his case, would they quickly recover right now, improve the squad and potentially survive? I reckon Gibson at the very least wants to make sure they go down to League One this year and wants them to have suitably adjusted their way of running so that they can't just double down and spend their way out of League One too.

There are plenty of Derby fans who accept the majority of the situation as it is now. They're certainly not hailing Morris as the puppet master anymore. So I would say now more than ever I fully understand their fear and anger and they're not exactly going to sit there in silent acceptance of something that could in any possible way finish their club in its current state. It's the uncertainty that's driving those emotions right now and I reckon we'd feel very much the same. I'm sure there's plenty of members older than me that remember when we last dealt with uncertainty who could particularly empathise with that feeling.

It's also that problem that they are being punished for something other clubs haven't been. They were getting away with something that, for example, Villa also got away with but because they're in another league it doesn't matter. It's a double-whammy as it's because they took the risk and succeeded that they aren't being punished.

I can say that at least one Derby fans group have been in touch with members of MSF to see if we can speak to the club on their behalf and communicate their concern but we politely declined.

Wait a minute….. Derby fans asked Boro fans to ask Boro to let them off for being cheating bar stewards? Unbelievable. I’m glad MSF declined. Less glad that it was polite 🙄

29 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is something that has needed addressing since QPR gamed the system. The reward for successfully cheating is so huge that it’s no wonder clubs risk it.

The punishment is also so small that the risk reward makes it worth it.

The EFL and PL need to be working together to prevent Villa, QPR and Bournemouth etc going unpunished for successfully cheating.

Even if they come down it’s a relative slap on the wrist for them. 

• Like 3