oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

29 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Wait a minute….. Derby fans asked Boro fans to ask Boro to let them off for being cheating bar stewards? Unbelievable. I’m glad MSF declined. Less glad that it was polite 🙄

It's not being raised in that manner, mate. It's not "let us off for cheating", it's desperation at the thought of losing their club entirely.

If I remember rightly, the message they sent to us was accepting of the situation they're in and acknowledged the role of Morris and the board on it but they're scared of losing their club and I can totally understand that. Football clubs are institutions of our community in this country and taking that away from them because of the actions of a detached few quite rightly (in my opinion) doesn't feel fair to them.

Still, while nobody in MSF wants Derby County to disappear, this doesn't really feel like our fight. We're keeping the focus on Middlesbrough, that's what we and all Boro fans care about. Appreciate Derby fans wanting to create a dialogue and see if there's a way to solve this in good faith but personally I don't think anything would change even if we did speak to the club about it, the situation is far more complex than that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not being raised in that manner, mate. It's not "let us off for cheating", it's desperation at the thought of losing their club entirely.

If I remember rightly, the message they sent to us was accepting of the situation they're in and acknowledged the role of Morris and the board on it but they're scared of losing their club and I can totally understand that. Football clubs are institutions of our community in this country and taking that away from them because of the actions of a detached few quite rightly (in my opinion) doesn't feel fair to them.

Still, while nobody in MSF wants Derby County to disappear, this doesn't really feel like our fight. We're keeping the focus on Middlesbrough, that's what we and all Boro fans care about. Appreciate Derby fans wanting to create a dialogue and see if there's a way to solve this in good faith but personally I don't think anything would change even if we did speak to the club about it, the situation is far more complex than that.

That’s fair enough I suppose. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. I just can’t get the Mel Morris puppet master image out of my head and as a result find it very hard to have any sympathy for them

45 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That’s fair enough I suppose. I would feel the same if it was the other way around. I just can’t get the Mel Morris puppet master image out of my head and as a result find it very hard to have any sympathy for them

I appreciate where you're coming from mate.

I find it easier to think about those that don't have the ability of throwing memes around on social media and all that, fans who don't spend their time on Twitter but have been going to see their club for decades. Those people being left without a club to support after all the trials and tribulations they've been through, it makes me sad.

I also think of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor's legacy in that area of the country. Not only would the Derby half be buried but Forest would no longer contest the trophy that celebrates their success with both teams.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I want Derby County to disappear.

A bit hard to play a team that’s invisible, but some of their fans know and understand where Gibson is coming from, alas for Gibson the enmity towards him and Boro is one of the few things that County fans can unite around and grumble about.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's gonna be just as interesting seeing our fans response to them as theirs to us.

I mean I can't see much from our lot beyond 'Haha you're bottom of the table, going down to play the Sunlun' 'Cheats, cheats, cheats' etc...

Whereas some of their fans HATE us and Gibson. They think we're trying to kill their club. 

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I mean I can't see much from our lot beyond 'Haha you're bottom of the table, going down to play the Sunlun' 'Cheats, cheats, cheats' etc...

Whereas some of their fans HATE us and Gibson. They think we're trying to kill their club. 

"Off to play the Darlo..."

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

You say that but even just on here in the last couple of pages, you can see what some of their fans' attitude on social media has done to our fans' feelings towards them.

I reckon some of ours will be right up for it and ready for a scrap so I hope Cleveland Police prepare for that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You say that but even just on here in the last couple of pages, you can see what some of their fans' attitude on social media has done to our fans' feelings towards them.

I reckon some of ours will be right up for it and ready for a scrap so I hope Cleveland Police prepare for that.

On the bright side it'll be the closest thing we've had to a derby (Derby?) in a few years! Here's to a spicey atmosphere, competitive game where both sides want to get one over the other and everyone getting home safe and sound.

• Like 2