oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm pretty sure they will, and it will be for a knockdown price in comparison to what it was sold for.  Buying a football club without a stadium isn't all that ideal.

Derby are in Administration but as far as I am aware the company that owns the Stadium are not and the two are separate entities. I'd guess that the Stadium is for sale but nothing to do with the immediate fate of DCFC however intertwined and inextricably linked the two may be.

Pride Park was on the Club's books for £41M prior to selling to Mel Morris for around £80m, that the EFL didn't blink at the time is down to their incompetence and desire to ignore the bleeding obvious. That Gibbo wouldn't shut up and go away left them very uncomfortable especially Parry as he knows SG would love to get one over him personally as well as the EFL's incompetence with enforcing and policing of FFP.

The Rams have leased back the ground, which was "independently valued" (and doubled in value overnight) and any new owners will likely lease the same Stadium initially but then I would imagine want to purchase at another "independently valued" number. I can't see Ashley (as an example) paying the EFL approved valuation figure which further calls into question the EFL initially not having an issue with it.

• Like 4
  • Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

They are angry at Morris though? They're not choosing to be angry at one or the other, it's both of them they're annoyed at from stuff I've read. The difference is Morris doesn't really have much more of a role to play, there's nothing to be gained for raising a tirade of abuse at Morris right now. Gibson, however, still has an active role in this.

sorry I should said "solely" angry at Morris

52 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Then add the former owner of Newcastle to this mix as he is looking like the group to get preferred bidder status.

well everyone knows Ashley is plush even before the Saudi deal so at the very least you know source of wealth and source of funds which beats out 90% of prospective buyers in the EFL it would seem.

Derby could do much worse (see Wigan) than Ashley. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

well everyone knows Ashley is plush even before the Saudi deal so at the very least you know source of wealth and source of funds which beats out 90% of prospective buyers in the EFL it would seem.

Derby could do much worse (see Wigan) than Ashley. 

Oh they could, Ashley runs a club like a company and whatever you think of him Ashley left Newcastle and their financial stability’s in a much sounder place than when he found them.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Please could someone explain why that Villa goal was ruled out?

Either the body check from Ramsey was called a foul, or it was called offside due to Ramsey coming from an offside position and interfering with play by blocking Cavani. Either way I think it was the right decision.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

United getting official support they always get, only need the obligatory penalty now. 

We really need them to get a penalty in this game or else they will get two against us 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1