Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Neverbefore

    1406

  • Borodane

    1356

  • Brunners

    1290

  • wilsoncgp

    1116

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

There's a reason the thread was locked humpty. It's not up for discussion.

This really isn't a great way to deliver decisions on a forum we are all part of. Making a locked thread and shutting down discussion about the ban only serves to create an us and them feeling between mods and other members. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

There's a reason the thread was locked humpty. It's not up for discussion.

Why’s it not up for discussion? Other peoples bans have been discussed at length in the past. Discussion is healthy, keep those in power in check. Particularly when they get too big for their boots and punish people for having the audacity to have an opinion.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s often because the discussion afterwards is more ruthless and opinionated than the original incident.

Mod’s and Administrators have to make judgement calls on things and like a referee it’s a call based on interpretation rather than on an absolute.

Debate is healthy but nit picking and scab pulling are not often the best ways to do and change things on this forum. Viewpoints get entrenched and a verbal war of attrition commences. 

Like I said it’s a judgement call, but it would have been better maybe in the locked thread to remind folk they can always privately PM the folk in charge if they want to discuss things, it never changes things but it’s better than not saying it imo.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Will said:

This really isn't a great way to deliver decisions on a forum we are all part of. Making a locked thread and shutting down discussion about the ban only serves to create an us and them feeling between mods and other members. 

The decision wasn't just made as a result of mods though and that is shown by the post. Complaints were made, we spoke to affected members then we acted. There's really little else to say about it without having to drag affected people into it and that's not fair on them.

As @Naisbysaid above, if people are concerned, they are welcome to DM any mod to speak about it. Maybe the post should say that but that wasn't intentionally left out either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify, I left the decision up to the others, nor was I one of the ones to raise a report, in case anyone was thinking this is a personal vendetta. I let my feelings be known, but the decision was made on the basis of complaints from other board members who are not mods. Their complaints reflected that some of the things CT said (not just on this occasion) has made them not visit or post on the board. 

That and the fact the individual has had multiple warnings in the past for similar behaviours should put this beyond debate. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'm not questoning the decision, I'm questioning the 'That's the decison, shut up and get on with it' attitude that has long been the attitude of the moderation team on this forum, unfortunately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really think we like to ban people? Most of the time it’s a tough call, but we’re a team of moderators and it’s been discussed thoroughly and as NB says it’s on the back of several complaint and people who are disencouraged to post and also two previous warnings about the exact same thing. It’s not like we’re not giving people a chance to comply with the rules. It’s a place for everyone but we’re not going to just sit on our hands when several posters and prior incidents compel us to react. A warning clearly wasn’t enough. And now we’ve derailed this thread with stuff that shouldn’t have to be discussed, because I can ensure you all that the decision to ban someone is almost never taken quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Will said:

Personally I'm not questoning the decision, I'm questioning the 'That's the decison, shut up and get on with it' attitude that has long been the attitude of the moderation team on this forum, unfortunately. 

Ahhh come on. Is that really how you feel? How often is that? I don’t think it’s fair to claim that we have to lay everything out there and spend countless of hours defending our common decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Will said:

Personally I'm not questoning the decision, I'm questioning the 'That's the decison, shut up and get on with it' attitude that has long been the attitude of the moderation team on this forum, unfortunately. 

That's my fault Will, it was an on-going situation and tbh I just did not want the hassle of having to explain myself at the time. Like you I still have work to do. I stand by my original stance I have made my feelings known about CT within the statement and will welcome him back when he returns.

Discussing an individual who at the time can not speak for themselves seems a little unfair on them and in my mind should not be debated without them.

It's a football forum not a Downsouth and Changing Times Forum

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borodane said:

Ahhh come on. Is that really how you feel? How often is that? I don’t think it’s fair to claim that we have to lay everything out there and spend countless of hours defending our common decision. 

I do, I've experienced it personally from the side of being banned and it was just as bad from that side too. I feel it is disrespectful to everyone on the forum to just put up a locked thread and then shut down any form of discussion about it in other threads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do you really think we like to ban people? Most of the time it’s a tough call, but we’re a team of moderators and it’s been discussed thoroughly and as NB says it’s on the back of several complaint and people who are disencouraged to post and also two previous warnings about the exact same thing. It’s not like we’re not giving people a chance to comply with the rules. It’s a place for everyone but we’re not going to just sit on our hands when several posters and prior incidents compel us to react. A warning clearly wasn’t enough. And now we’ve derailed this thread with stuff that shouldn’t have to be discussed, because I can ensure you all that the decision to ban someone is almost never taken quickly. 

I think certain mods enjoy the power trip of the position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I think certain mods enjoy the power trip of the position.

Matthew I certainly do not there have been many times I have wanted to hang up the green kit and walk away from it all, indeed it is my intention to hand over my position at the end of this season and just become a rebel like you😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...