• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Don't know if it was mentioned but Daryl Dike, big signing for West Brom, had his first start on Saturday. Went off injured after 53 minutes and now he's out for 2 months with a hamstring injury. Can surely only be good for us as he was pretty good for Ismael at Barnsley.

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220126-173705_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e7dd0ddd73417ba4ea9005ab96c9cfb1.jpg

They are really getting desperate in their efforts to sell it.

Scummy ***.

Bloody hell - thats as transparently false as Laporta and co's efforts to sell the European Super League.

What's needed is for someone (the UN) to get serious about tackling corruption in the continent's leadership and creating initiatives / bootstrap programs to rebuild the countries' economies and infrastructure.

Maybe some military intervention as well to stamp out the ongoing civil wars.

Creating jobs and making those countries better places to live would stop the influx of refugees.

Having a World Cup every 2 years will do the square root of diddly squat. 🤦‍♂️

Just a shame there is no international organisation with the brains, balls or willpower to tackle the root causes of these problems.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Just a shame there is no international organisation with the brains, balls or willpower to tackle the root causes of these problems.

Taking a look at organisations and leaders doesn't fill me with much optimism for the future whether it's Football and UEFA, FIFA our own FA and EFL or Trump, Biden, Boris, Putin or Xi Jinping.

People only interested in what they can personally get from the power, meanwhile stuff everything and everyone or just sheer bungling incompetence, and quite often both!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Taking a look at organisations and leaders doesn't fill me with much optimism for the future whether it's Football and UEFA, FIFA our own FA and EFL or Trump, Biden, Boris, Putin or Xi Jinping.  

Actually, I'm quite impressed with the levels of competence of some of our top footy managers compared to the dreadful people who are supposed to be running our country.  Personally, I'd be quite happy to have J Klopp or T Tuchel as Prime Minister.  But why would they ever want to do it...

In a previous life, I was once told by my Director that one way of defining a good manager was "someone who was skilful at getting his own way".   Hmm.   I suppose Xi Jinping and V Putin would fall into that category.