oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

52 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just read the news on Mason Greenwood. I know the rule innocent until before proven guilty but dear lord if it’s true, what a total plank. Why did she post on social media and not the report it to the police is baffling. 

I've known enough women who get sod all from going to the police in cases of domestic/sexual abuse. It's nice to think the police and the courts will deal with it and get it right every time but it's by no means a fact of life. It's a debilitating and harsh process on those who were abused that often enough doesn't come to the correct conclusion, so much so that plenty of women don't even bother telling anyone and just live with the mental stresses it puts upon them.

• Like 8
  • Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Doesn't that bit in bold kinda go back to what Billy said about growing up a little?  I don't like Sunderland, Newcastle, and Leeds much.  I've nearly had my head kicked in at all three.  I can't say that I want them to disappear out of existence though.

What you seem to have said is that you want them to pay for their 'crimes' but also that you want them to be liquidated cos you can't stand their fans?  I get the paying for their crimes bit but the club getting liquidated cos of the fans seems a bit much to me.  We have plenty of nobhead fans, look at me for example.

He’ll scweam and scweam until he’s sick CT (one for the teenagers there). 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Doesn't that bit in bold kinda go back to what Billy said about growing up a little?  I don't like Sunderland, Newcastle, and Leeds much.  I've nearly had my head kicked in at all three.  I can't say that I want them to disappear out of existence though.

What you seem to have said is that you want them to pay for their 'crimes' but also that you want them to be liquidated cos you can't stand their fans?  I get the paying for their crimes bit but the club getting liquidated cos of the fans seems a bit much to me.  We have plenty of nobhead fans, look at me for example.

Not really. They're not mutually exclusive.

I want them to pay for their crimes, as an absolute minimum.

I also want them liquidated because, in my opinion, the vast majority of their fans deserve it. 

It's got nothing to do with growing up; I'm fully grown up and it was with my grown up, rational decision that I realised I couldn't give a flying *** if they were still around and that liquidation is what their fans deserve.

And yes, we have our share of nobhead fans and yes, you sit right at the top of that *** heap. Derby though have a far greater proportion than any other club I've ever seen.

And as for Billy, well I haven't agreed with a single thing he's said on anything recently so it's clear that he and I have very diametrically opposed ways of thinking and I will never understand why he acts or thinks the way he does, but that's alright. That doesn't mean I think he needs to grow up, and I don't need to grow up either. 

I have perfectly valid reasons for thinking the way I do.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Not really. They're not mutually exclusive.

I want them to pay for their crimes, as an absolute minimum.

I also want them liquidated because, in my opinion, the vast majority of their fans deserve it. 

It's got nothing to do with growing up; I'm fully grown up and it was with my grown up, rational decision that I realised I couldn't give a flying *** if they were still around and that liquidation is what their fans deserve.

And yes, we have our share of nobhead fans and yes, you sit right at the top of that *** heap. Derby though have a far greater proportion than any other club I've ever seen.

And as for Billy, well I haven't agreed with a single thing he's said on anything recently so it's clear that he and I have very diametrically opposed ways of thinking and I will never understand why he acts or thinks the way he does, but that's alright. That doesn't mean I think he needs to grow up, and I don't need to grow up either. 

I have perfectly valid reasons for thinking the way I do.

Yeah, I can see how they aren't mutually exclusive, it was more the difference in the way of thinking attached to them both if you see what I mean?  I get the wanting them punished bit but the wanting them liquidated bit to me is excessive.  More than that though, you're really looking to punish the fans with that rather than the club.  It doesn't feel like it's about football.  Childish might not be the right word for Billy to use in that context but I'd say that spiteful is, and I never really had you down as the spiteful type.  You seem more even-handed than that to me, more even-handed than I can be certainly, so it is surprising to see you so vehemently against them like that.  Welcome to the dark side.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, I can see how they aren't mutually exclusive, it was more the difference in the way of thinking attached to them both if you see what I mean?  I get the wanting them punished bit but the wanting them liquidated bit to me is excessive.  More than that though, you're really looking to punish the fans with that rather than the club.  It doesn't feel like it's about football.  Childish might not be the right word for Billy to use in that context but I'd say that spiteful is, and I never really had you down as the spiteful type.  You seem more even-handed than that to me, more even-handed than I can be certainly, so it is surprising to see you so vehemently against them like that.  Welcome to the dark side.

I try to be even handed, but I'm just sick to death of Derby fans and their whining. Every where you go where you see a Derby fan asking for help saving their club, a quick look through their history will show you them revelling in it while they were breaking the rules. Every time without fail. 

Even now, while they did finally turn on Morris, they're still trying to lay blame at literally any other door that they can other than their own as well and that I find gross. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Just read the news on Mason Greenwood. I know the rule innocent until before proven guilty but dear lord if it’s true, what a total plank. Why did she post on social media and not the report it to the police is baffling. 

I’d call him worse things than a plank. Don’t blame her for posting on social media, even with all that out in the public domain people are making excuses for him or blaming her. And how do we know she hadn’t already been to the police and they’d not done much? We know that wouldn’t be unusual 

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well maybe this is a social media thing?  I'm not there so I don't see it and therefore don't get wound up by it all 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s very much a social media thing. I do go on Twitter but I don’t follow football accounts so I’m not aware of this war of words. 

Brunners don’t let them wind you up, as CT says, you are better than that you aren’t a spiteful person. 

I know we disagree on a fair few things but you come across as insightful and empathetic most of the time. This is all a bit odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I try to be even handed, but I'm just sick to death of Derby fans and their whining. Every where you go where you see a Derby fan asking for help saving their club, a quick look through their history will show you them revelling in it while they were breaking the rules. Every time without fail. 

Even now, while they did finally turn on Morris, they're still trying to lay blame at literally any other door that they can other than their own as well and that I find gross. 

But Derby County are Founder Members of the Football League, they should be treated better than this. Rules are for the rank and file members, entitlement and perks are what the founders should expect. 😅

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've known enough women who get sod all from going to the police in cases of domestic/sexual abuse. It's nice to think the police and the courts will deal with it and get it right every time but it's by no means a fact of life. It's a debilitating and harsh process on those who were abused that often enough doesn't come to the correct conclusion, so much so that plenty of women don't even bother telling anyone and just live with the mental stresses it puts upon them.

So sad, but true. 

55 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I’d call him worse things than a plank. Don’t blame her for posting on social media, even with all that out in the public domain people are making excuses for him or blaming her. And how do we know she hadn’t already been to the police and they’d not done much? We know that wouldn’t be unusual 

The case is developing and I’ve not read what people are posting to be fair so I can’t  comment. I still find it strange to post it on social media rather then informing the authorities. It’s now in the domain and criminal investigation on going and I hope she is afforded privacy by the media and receives good support.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Far better to make sure that he doesn't get a fair hearing I suppose.  

I believe in the justice system and everyone like it or not must be given a fair trail. What I don’t always agree with is the sentencing fits the crime.